Menu

Sibling for Nolie &Ash??

Hey there!

Right now I have two little ones - Magnolia "Nolie" Eleanor and Asher "Ash" Daniel - and I hope to have another child in the near future, but I'm stuck on names!

Both of their first names were my absolute, head-over-heels favorites (and my husband, thankfully, loved them both as well!), and I haven't come across any names that have stuck with me the way these two have. I had the name "Theodora" nn "Theo at the top of my list after Magnolia, and I love it a ton, but we're expecting a nephew who will be named "Theodore" nn "Theo", so that's out of the question. 😭

Otherwise, I'm kinda stuck. Style-wise, I tend to like things a little off the beaten path (Asher is not quite as popular where I live, I've only ever met one and my family had never heard the name before lol). Some other names I've had rolling around in my brain - Clay, Wolf, Booker, Bowen, Everest for a boy, or Althea, Coraline, Louisa (though I am more on the fence about these...I really liked Theodora 😂).

We also haven't talked about middle names much, but we like to use family names - Frances, Lillian, Laura, Geraldine - Gabriel, Dean, Richard, John.

Any advice would be appreciated! I need help falling in love with a name again!
    Danielle Laurene - Artist, Name Nerd, Avid Reader, Professional Netflixer.
    Proud mama to Magnolia Eleanor and puppies Ramsay Maximus and River Valentine.

Hello! Your children have lovely names! From your list it sounds like you like a lot of girl names that are grandiose, feminine, with a vintage flourish. With boys it seems like you enjoy more nature themed names, and as you said a bit off the beaten path. Of course I see your current daughter's name is obviously a nature name too. Maybe some of these will be of interest to you:

Dorothea nn Dottie (literally Theodora flipped around lol)
    Wilhelmina nn Mina
    Leonora (probably too close to Eleanor?)
    Avalon
    Blythe
    Calista
    Amelie
    Linnea
    Zora
    Delphine

Silas
    Hudson
    Cormac
    Flint
    Jett
    Boden
    Caius
    Finn
    Ozias

Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Trying out...
    Cove Harriet|Everett Louisa|Forrest Alaia|Keaton Sophie
    Fox Eulalia|Sylvan Phillipa|Tate Isabella|Rory Winona

Niñas
    Juliette Moon| Rosalie Jude| Camila Wren| Ianthe Willow| Ariadne Snow| Theodora Lark| Demetria Inez| Juno Aurelia

Niños
    Holden River| Nico Evander| Arlo Jasper| Ezra Wolf-Ezra Dimitri| Alaric Sage| Sylvan Rune