Menu

Opinions on Alice?

To me Alice is such a classic, elegant name, maybe just a touch outdated but still rather timeless.
    What are your impressions on Alice? When you think of the name, what do you imagine the person to look like? What characteristics do you imagine they'd have? I'd love to hear your opinion.

x
    Thinking Of
    Persephone • Saskia • Hermione • Artemis
    Leontine

I love Alice. It's a classic name with poise and flair that will never go out of style. Alice works on both old ladies, and on little girls.
    I also love the multitude of nicknames that can go with it. Al, Allie, Lis, Lissy.
    I don't really know about personal appearances associated with the name, but Alice makes me think of someone fun and outgoing, sassy but sweet, and with a lot of spunk.
    Step-mommy to Piper Isabella ♥
    Auntie to Octavia Lorraine ♥

Winter Analiese ♥ Rowan Elizabeth ♥ Violet Emerson ♥ Beyla Noelle ♥ Willow Marie ♥ Rosalie Wilder ♥ Averi Jessamine ♥ Arden Claire ♥ Emelia Violet ♥ Mirabel James ♥ Elowen Marie

Talon Claymore ♥ Bennett Avery ♥ Arlo James ♥ Rex Michael ♥ Oliver Calvin ♥ Henry Alexander ♥ Bronson Michael

I agree with everything you said except that it’s a touch outdated. I definitely think it’s making a comeback and it’s more than ready for it.

I think of the classic Alice in Wonderland. Feminine yet strong, curious, intelligent and fearless.

Alice Persephone is unstoppable.
    Mama to V!v!an + Nor@h

Petra Josephine-Claire Athena-Susanna Piper-Annemarie James-Margot Hanna-Caroline Sawyer-Jane Mariana-Iris Annemarie

Jasper Elias-Harvey James-Silas Patrick-Drake Ennis-Miles Birch-Beau Jameson-Drew Cedar-Cyrus Eli

Alice is strong but sweet to me - versatile and timeless
    Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte|Percy Evander|Otto Elias
    Cleo Tallulah|Lois Aurelia|Jesse Peregrine|Bram Atticus
    Maeve Emily|Sloane Felicity|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus

I love the name Alice! It's girly and elegant, international and beautiful. Alice is a timeless name that ages very well. Alice is a magnificent choice for a girl.
    In my mind, Alice is a brave, determined, sweet and intelligent woman. I always associate this name with royalty as it is a common name among Queens and Princesses. I always imagine Alice in the Wonderland too. This connection makes me think about magic and adventure.
    Alice Marigold | Agatha Noelle | Aurora Violet | Isabella Wren | Magdalena Ruby | Margot Felicity |
    Rosalie Moon | Serena Jasmine | Victoria Primrose | Valentina Skye

Alexander Matthias | Benjamin Arthur | Edmund Philip | Frederick Lewis | Gabriel Vincent | Henry Theodore |
    Liam Hawthorne | Lucas Nightingale | Sebastian Thomas | William Bravery

Alice is on my favorites list. I always think of Alice in Wonderland.

I do like Alice, because of the Alice in Wonderland association. It's my first thought when I hear it and I loved the books as a kid. I don't find it outdated, in fact my biggest issue with the name is that it's as common as it is, number #71 in the US, 17# in England and in the top #50 of many, many countries in the world.
    💐💐💐
    ❤ Clementine Edith Pearl ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Gwendolen Bee • Heidi Rosemary • Lavender Belle
    Lettie Rosalind • Marguerite Joy 'Mae' • Rosamund Lane • Winifred Hope

❤ Lionel Forrest Jude ❤
    Clement Wilde 'Clay' • Clyde Peregrine • Edmund Wolfe • Fergus Frederick
    Percy Noble • Reuben Sage • Seamus Bear • Stanley Ocean