Menu
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Axton and Lowan

Axton and Lowan

What do you think of these boys names? I love unique names. I know Axton may sound pretty harsh but I think it's cool strong name and Lowan is similar to Logan which is love but isn't as popular. Whats your opinion.

Axton I like. It sounds a lot like Paxton, but with the P dropped. Ax is a pretty tough, badass nickname, too, I think.
    Lowan I'm not a huge fan of. To me it just reads/sounds like a butchered pronunciation of the word "loan."
    Step-mommy to Piper Isabella ♥
    Auntie to Octavia Lorraine ♥

Winter Analiese ♥ Rowan Elizabeth ♥ Beyla Noelle ♥ Rosalie Wilder ♥ Arden Claire ♥ Mirabel James ♥ Aila Marie

Finley Michael ♥ Bennett Avery ♥ Arlo James ♥ Rex Michael ♥ Oliver Calvin ♥ Henry Alexander

Axton feels tough and cool -a little harsh for me but it has a nice flow and vibe

Lowan - i like the deep O sounds -there's something gentle and boyish about it
    Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte|Percy Evander|Otto Elias
    Cleo Tallulah|Lois Aurelia|Jesse Peregrine|Bram Atticus
    Maeve Emily|Sloane Felicity|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus

I'm not crazy about Axton. It feels quite harsh and trendy, and I don't like how the most obvious nickname is the violent Axe/Ax.
    That said, I really like Lowan! It makes me think of a fun-loving little boy and I love the sound. It sounds tough, like Axton, but without the harshness. I also like the similar Lonan a lot.
    💐💐💐
    ❤ Clementine Edith Pearl ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Gwendolen Bee • Heidi Rosemary • Lavender Belle
    Lettie Rosalind • Marguerite Joy 'Mae' • Rosamund Lane • Winifred Hope

❤ Lionel Forrest Jude ❤
    Clement Wilde 'Clay' • Clyde Peregrine • Edmund Wolfe • Fergus Frederick
    Percy Noble • Reuben Sage • Seamus Bear • Stanley Ocean

Thank you for your opinions everyone. I just love these two names so much.

I love the name Axton and the meaning ("stone sword") is pretty badass too. I feel like Axton can't fit every type if boy though which is unfortunate.
    Lowan is a great alternative to Logan and Rowan which are very popular at the moment. I'm not a fan of the sounds together tho.
    Emma Louise - future zookeeper, current namenerd

Cassius Mercury "Cash" . Ianthe Venus "Thea" . Augustine Earth "Gus" . Caspian Mars "Cap" . Elias Jupiter "Jem" . Alexandria Saturn "Alex" . Ezekiel Uranus "Zeke" . Koa Neptune "Kip"

Human to dogs Carmel, Rainier Paxton, Ryder James, and Jay Gatsby "Gatz", and kitten Phinneas McDougal

Axton is NMS. It sounds very trendy to me, a la Jaxton/Paxton/Braxton. I feel the "Axton" trend is becoming the new Aiden/Jayden/Brayden. I prefer Axel and Anton, which have more of a timeless image for me.

Lowan isn't really my style either, and makes me think of the word "loan" as a PP mentioned. I prefer Rowan.

I love finding new names too but they will always be quite divisive because they are unfamiliar to people.

Anyway, with Axton I'm not enamoured. The vowels are very short and closed so for me it lacks a nice flow. I do like Axel and Aston though. Lowan is rather handsome. It's like a masculine version of Elowen of which I'm also a fan. It's also similar to Owen but looks more attractive.

Both Axton and Lowan have familiar components so overall they seem quite wearable.

I 100% agree with all of this
    Olive Margaret / 21.10.18

Ginny Florence
    Fay Marigold
    Cleo Seraphina
    -Edie-Delphi-Marcy-Fifer-Romy-Lauren-Alma-

Dustin James
    Grady Stefan
    Chester Maxwell
    -Edwin-Reggie-Lennox-Fergus-Murphy-Casper-

Not fussed with Axton, but don't mind the nn Axe. If I went there, it'd be Axel I think.

I think I'd like Lowan more with Lowen spelling. Reminds me of Llewyn, which I adore.

Enjoy! Nothing quite like narrowing down names