Menu
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Am I insane for considering Bear?

Baby #4 is on the way and the name is a struggle. It’s a boy.
    Older siblings are Judah Cary, Amelia Grace, and Olivia Blythe.
    I love the idea of acknowledging my husband’s fanaticism for Alabama football, but I don’t want it to be too obvious, if that makes sense. Can’t decide if Bear is too “out there” compared to the rest of our names, either. We’ve also discussed Paul, which does the same (Paul Bear Bryant), but I can’t decide if I like it.

I'd say it works for a middle name, not so much the first (especially with his siblings). Other names that mean bear or something related to bear:

Arthur
    Auberon
    Barrett
    Bernard
    Bruin
    Espen

I think bear is really cute and unexpected, but I prefer it as a middle name.

Suggestions...
    Elijah Bear
    Henry Bear
    Elliott Bear
    Nolan Bear
    Holden Bear
    Everett Bear
    Emerson Bear
    Niñas
    Juliette Moon| Rosalie Jude| Camila Wren| Ianthe Willow| Ariadne Snow| Theodora Lark| Demetria Inez| Juno Aurelia

Niños
    Holden River| Nico Evander| Arlo Jasper| Ezra Wolf-Ezra Dimitri| Alaric Sage| Sylvan Rune

I loved Bear when I was pregnant with my second boy. Nobody went for it but I was obsessed. That said, I think it's limiting for future jobs, certain personalities, etc. I would use it as a middle or a nickname. Don't love Paul. Love the names of your other three! Good luck.

I love Bear and would have considered it for a future child, if it weren't for the family golden retriever of the last 10 years already having the name. He's a member of the family and I just am one that can't bring myself to re-use names. However, my fiance and I do have Barron and Barrett on our list, with the intentions of the nickname Bear.
    Step-mommy to Piper Isabella ♥
    Auntie to Octavia Lorraine ♥

Winter Analiese ♥ Rowan Elizabeth ♥ Violet Emerson ♥ Beyla Noelle ♥ Willow Marie ♥ Rosalie Wilder ♥ Averi Jessamine ♥ Arden Claire ♥ Emelia Violet ♥ Mirabel James ♥ Elowen Marie

Talon Claymore ♥ Bennett Avery ♥ Arlo James ♥ Rex Michael ♥ Oliver Calvin ♥ Henry Alexander ♥ Bronson Michael

I think insane is a little far, but it's definitely better suited to being a middle IMO
    rachel

Delilah - Camilla - Geneva - Ida - Valentine
    Ronan - Arthur - Gabriel - Clayton - Declan - Matthew - Bennett

I really like Bear! I think its wearable.
    Please stay home

Sorry for my English. Its not my first language, and I try my best

I love Bear as a middle name and would totally consider using it! First name, probably not.

That being said, Paul Bear sounds a little awkward.
    Mama to V!v!an + Nor@h

Petra Josephine-Claire Athena-Susanna Piper-Annemarie James-Margot Hanna-Caroline Sawyer-Jane Mariana-Iris Annemarie

Jasper Elias-Harvey James-Silas Patrick-Drake Ennis-Miles Birch-Beau Jameson-Drew Cedar-Cyrus Eli

It's a little more out there than your other children but definitely not insane haha

I'll admit when I read Paul Bear I heard Pallbearer.... sorry.
    Olive Margaret / 21.10.18

Ginny Florence
    Fay Marigold
    Cleo Seraphina
    -Edie-Delphi-Marcy-Fifer-Romy-Lauren-Alma-

Dustin James
    Grady Stefan
    Chester Maxwell
    -Edwin-Reggie-Lennox-Fergus-Murphy-Casper-

I think Bear is very cute and I love it. People are choosing more unique names nowadays. By the time he is older I think having a unique name will be the new normal.
    ♡ shaylinn chanel | 19 | college student w/nursing major | indiana ♡

my mom let me name my baby sister so I named her emberlee olive and she was born on december 18th 2018!

current name combinations i love:

current names i love:

my guilty pleasure names: