Menu

View Poll Results: Would twins named Frederick & Thomas work?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah

35 97.22%
  • Pick different names

1 2.78%

Twins named Frederick & Thomas?

I'm liking the names Frederick & Thomas for twins because I think they go together well and I like Freddie and Tommy, but my problem is that the name Thomas means "twin". Is that too tacky? Another problem is that Frederick is around #500 for boy names, but Thomas is closer to #50. Would this stop anyone from using them together?

I think it's fine! I doubt thr majority of people will know Thomas means twin and I've met a twin called Thomas and it didnt even cross my mind. As for the disparity in popularity, where i am, Frederick isnt popular but Freddie is and the two names feel very cohesive anyway
    Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte|Percy Evander|Otto Elias
    Cleo Tallulah|Lois Aurelia|Jesse Peregrine|Bram Atticus
    Maeve Emily|Sloane Felicity|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus

I have both names on my list, in fact Frederick Thomas has been a longtime favourite combination, and I really like the idea of having Thomas as a middle name if I ever have a boy twin.
    38; still single & still hoping to be a mama someday!

Favourite first name loves

Rosalie and Gabriel

Possible Combinations:

Rosalie Carys Faith* and Gabriel Frederick* Emrys

Gabriel’s potential brothers

Benedict Thomas* Emyr & Elias Auden Leigh*

Rosalie’s potential sisters

Adelind Maren Leigh* & Evelina Gwyneth Anne*

* Honour names

They are great together! I love names but I’m not often familiar with name meanings unless I search them out so I don’t think many others would be either, and even if they do know it’s not like it is an unfortunate/terrible meaning, but rather fitting .
    Last edited by whitegardenia; August 23rd, 2019 at 06:12 PM.

I think they sound great together . Same style and cute nicknames. I wouldn't worry that Thomas means twin. Only a fellow name nerd would know that and I kind of think it's sweet rather than tacky. Thomas is more popular but they are both classic names that have been used for a long time so I really don't think the popularity difference matters as much.
    As a mom of twin boys I know how hard it is to name two at once. Lol
    Mommy to twins Arthur Robert and Jasper Steven 💞

Thinking of: Phoebe Rosalind or Griffin Orlando

*Murray*Fabian*Florian*Griffin*Lachlan*Harry*
    *Barnaby*Bellamy*Felix*Marius*Jonas*Frederick*
    *Cornelius*Basil*Kit*Valentine*Murphy*Victor*

*Eliza*Kerensa*Celeste*Rosalind*Opal*Cleo*
    *Iris*Harriet*Helena*Delphine*Sylvie*
    *Wilhelmina*Ivy*Hero*Phoebe*
    *Clara*Vivian*Winifred*Victoria*Blythe*

Both Frederick & Thomas and Freddie & Tommy work well together. They are similar styles without being too close. Now I think that you are just nitpicking minute details because this is a big decision.

Thomas and Frederick are amazing names for twins! I love your choices. They go so well together! Both names are timeless, traditional, charming and very handsome. The fact that Thomas means "twin" is a really interesting coincidence, in my opinion.
    Alice Marigold | Agatha Noelle | Aurora Violet | Isabella Wren | Magdalena Ruby | Margot Felicity |
    Rosalie Moon | Serena Jasmine | Victoria Primrose | Valentina Skye

Alexander Matthias | Benjamin Arthur | Edmund Philip | Frederick Lewis | Gabriel Vincent | Henry Theodore |
    Liam Hawthorne | Lucas Nightingale | Sebastian Thomas | William Bravery

Thomas and Frederick work well together! I wouldn't worry about the meaning - non-namenerds are unlikely to know that Thomas means 'twin', and even if they do, I think it's fitting rather than tacky. I don't think the disparity in popularity is important either - both names feel classic and timeless.
    Lucia Jessamine ۰ Harriet Rosalind ۰ Adelaide Isadora
    James Alexander ۰ Nicholas Dorian ۰ Jonathan Horatio

Eald Englisc:
    Annis ۰ Ardith ۰ Cwen ۰ Elvia ۰ Nelda
    Lucan ۰ Oswald ۰ Feran ۰ Godwin ۰ Lufian

I actually prefer Thomas for a twin because of the meaning! Other posters are right that most people don't know the meanings of names unless they are huge name nerds. Your son would likely know, but how he feels about it will be shaped by how you present it to him - it could be "You're the extra one so we just named you 'twin,'" or it could be "We really liked this name and then thought it was really cool that it also means 'twin' and you happen to be a twin!"

I think it goes very nicely with Frederick - I actually know of someone named Fred Thomas (first and last), so it sounds really smooth to me.
    Stephanie Rae
    💍 Married 10.06.18 💙 TTC Evie or Jude 2020 👶
    Furmommy to: Alexander Hamilton *Hammy* & Marquis de Lafayette *Laffy*
    Proud auntie and fairy godmother to LA•LJ•MW•JA•AE•LMJ•LA
    Current c-c-c-combo crush: Prairie Radiance & Bravery Fox

I think they make amazing names for twins- Frederick and Thomas have the same classic style, and the nicknames Tommy and Freddie pair perfectly together too. I wouldn't worry about the twin meaning- I agree with previous berries that most people won't know the meaning, and even if they do it seems cool rather than tacky. And I think both are such well-known, timeless names that the difference in popularity doesn't really matter. I think Frederick and Thomas are great names for twin boys!
    pairings with my new loves
    nearly all of these were the suggestions of fellow berries - thank you!

Agnes Lumi . Eva Lumi . Maia Lumi . Soraya Lumi . Abigail Miranda
    Allison Miranda . Elena Miranda . Isla Miranda . Ivy Miranda . Holly Miranda
    Lily Miranda . Tess Miranda . Amada Celeste . Amada Gray . Nola Zephyr . Stella Maeve
    Jules Calliope . Jules Jessamy . Gigi Mirabelle . Gigi Victoria . Natalia Capri . Natalia Clover