Menu

Thread: Martha Juniper

Martha Juniper

Martha Juniper nn Mattie is the only name I have on my list for a future child. I am trying to come up with other name combinations that matches that style and could work as a possible sister name.

I am really struggling to find another name that I love as much as Mattie. I think it’s because the name Martha Juniper is very personal and meaningful to me. My name would have been Martha nn Mattie, but my mom felt that that there were too many Maddie’s at the time. My middle name is from my mother’s favorite childhood book. Mine was Junie B Jones which her real name was a Juniper.

Here are names that I currently like that have a personal meaning tied to it:

Caroline- I only like it as Caroline and don’t like the nicknames it comes with. Was a choice for one of my brothers if he was a girl.

Meredith- Meredith was a choice for my oth r brother if he was a girl. I don’t like nn Merry, but I do like Edie, but seems like a stretch.

Claire- Name of one my grandmothers

Olive- A family name. Possible nn of Livy

Sarah/Sadie- Both are family names. Not sure if Sadie needs a full name like Sarah.

Margaret/Marguerite I like the nn’s it comes with such as Pearl, Daisy, Margot, Greta.

Betsy- I was thinking of this as a middle name as it was also a character in my mom’s favorite childhood book.

Josephine- I don’t think I like any of Josephine’s nicknames though

Laurel/Daphne- Names meaning victory and Victor is a family name.

I think I am wanting a middle name that is from a character in a childhood book.
    Last edited by bittersweetsilence; August 21st, 2019 at 11:09 AM.

From your list, I really like:
    Caroline
    Meredith (Edie works)
    Olive
    Margeret (Margot and Greta are nice!)
    Betsy
    Daphne

Caroline Betsy or Meredith Betsy would be sweet!

Some ideas:
    Charlotte- Caroline is the italian feminine form of Charles for perhaps Charlotte might work as an alternative? It gives you more nn options - Charlie, Lottie, Otto, Arlo, Tali

Coraline -maybe as a middle - a children's book character and a twist on Caroline

Cornelia - an anagram of Caroline

Edith 'Edie' -honours Meredith and lends itself more easily to Edie

Lucille, Flo/Florence, Grace, Shirley, Charlotte -as middles, from the Junie B Jones books

Clara -inspired by Claire

Clarissa -inspired by Claire. Could be Crissy

Victoria -to honour Victor

Vivian - inspired by Victor

Veronica -can mean victory, could be Vera, Ronnie

Heidi - from a children's book and reminds me of Edie

Gwendoline -a nod to Caroline

Winifred - nn Freddie or Winnie, gives me a simialr feel to Martha

Emmeline -a nod to Caroline
    Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Trying out...
    Cove Harriet|Everett Louisa|Forrest Alaia|Keaton Sophie
    Fox Eulalia|Sylvan Phillipa|Tate Isabella|Rory Winona

greyblue,

I have noticed you have commented on many of my posts. I love all of your suggestions. I agree that Caroline Betsy and Meredith Betsy are cute! I’m a big nickname person and I’m just not the biggest fans of the nicknames for both.

I had not thought of Winnie and my mother’s maiden Winter which I could use as a nickname perhaps?

Vivian is very cute too and didn’t realize it was connected to victory!

Olive Betsy would be nice too now i think about it!

Winter nn Winnie or a 'Win' name nn Winter would be a great honour for your mum! Winona or Wilhelmina nn Winnie or Winter would be cute (especially if you have a William in the family)
    I love Winter as a name though! Perhaps that also opens up the possibility of wintery names too, like Noelle, Natalie or Ivy

Vivian means alive so i connect it with victory and it shares letters and sounds with Victor
    Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Trying out...
    Cove Harriet|Everett Louisa|Forrest Alaia|Keaton Sophie
    Fox Eulalia|Sylvan Phillipa|Tate Isabella|Rory Winona

I never thought about the Winter-y names to honor my mother, but that’s a great trail for me to go down and discover!