Menu
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Ttc 2020!

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I've been on momberries! I was very regular on here on 2015/2016, and semi regular once I got pregnant with my second son in 2017/2018.

My husband and i are ttc our 3rd and final baby. We've been trying for a few months, but this is the first cycle that i have taken meds to give me a regular cycle. Before then, I had no idea if or when i was even fertile and ovulating.
    I'm on day 16 and ovulated 2ish days ago, so I'm now in the dreaded 2 week wait!
    Walter Theodore
    March 2016

Edmund Ernest
    June 2018

@thelittlefairywren: thank you! My knee is still very swollen, but the pain is not as bad anymore. I'll just have to give it time.

@sunkissedchild: welcome back! I love your sons' names by the way, they're absolutely perfect.
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & Barnabas Húni

Maximilian Óli * Matthias Hreinn * Vignir Ulysses * Nikolai Svani * Zalman Torfi
    Ondine Lilach * Lucinde Meital * Mareva Bluma * Lavinia Perle * Magdalene Dune

How is everyone going with all the crazy?? It's all a bit overwhelming... I can't get it off my mind what it all might mean for our TTC plans. I just hope it all settles down sooner rather than later.

@rosebeth - How is your knee going?
    twenty seven // wifey // photographer
    cups of tea // spring time // books // gardening
    TTC #1 late 2020

Persephone | Mercedes | Kalliope
    Endelyon | Saoirse | Xanthippe
    Othello | Atlas | Peregrine | Phoebus
    Onyx | Roman | Ignatius | Casper

We are in the same boat - I can't stop thinking about TTC plans. My husband (33) and I (30) were discussing TTC around August, to give us time to sort our finances and our health, but now he's been laid off because of the pandemic and I'm feeling so conflicted...

Is it absolutely insane of me to want to start TTC RIGHT NOW? Some thoughts:

- I feel that we are fairly financially stable even with his layoff (which will hopefully be relatively short)
    - I was hoping to lose some weight first - I'm 5'4" and about 160. I was hoping to get back down to 130 (wedding weight) before TTC
    - We deliberately delayed TTC until I was 30 and we had stable employment/salaries, but now...all of the uncertainty and fear in this moment has me finally realizing for the first time that it's true - the time will never be 100% right. Maybe I should stop trying to micromanage life (finances, age, weight, etc.) and just embrace the moment? Is my window of opportunity closing in on me without me even realizing it?

I'd love some thoughts from others - I can't stop thinking/dreaming about babies right now, but it feels so "wrong" with the current situation of the world!

With everything going on and no idea of how long it will be until things settle, our TTC plans are on hold (best case scenario), and if things go on too long, we may not have another one. I'm still trying to process that: because of the pandemic, my family might be complete. I'm turning 34 this year and we wanted a small age gap between our last two if possible. She's already 9 months old. So my window is rapidly closing and if we have to wait for a vaccine, that could be months, best case scenario.

I would not want to be pregnant right now, having to go into the hospital for blood work and medical buildings for OB appointments. My sister-in-law is due any day and they aren't allowed visitors at the hospital. Just one support person. There isn't a lot being said about whether pregnant women are more at risk, but there was a report from the UK of a mother transmitting the virus to their baby during birth, and there are so many risks for a fetus and newborn already. I just don't want to risk it if I don't have to. I'm worrying enough about my children as it is.

Economically, financially--that's a whole other concern. It seems things are still ramping up every day and there's no way of knowing how things will go yet, or for how long, before they settle.

@jbenn656 I completely understand wanting to TTC anyway, and many in isolation may find themselves pregnant anyway, right? But just try and separate head and heart and see what makes sense for you. Maybe I'm being too cautious, I don't know. This is just what we've decided and I'm heartbroken at the thought that we might be done, or at the very least, my littlest doesn't get a sibling close in age like her brothers do, but this isn't within our control. I would take the time to lose the weight and see what happens between now and August. Don't take it off the table, just put it to one side while you wait and see. Things might be much better by then, or much worse, and your decision may be easier to make by that time.
    Finn, Leo, and Kate <3

Declan Calder Bartholomew

Mila Violet Elizaveta

Elena Daisy Guinevere | Anya Vivienne Persephone | Freya Lydia Juliet
    Aurora Ivy Olivia | Morgana Clara Genevieve
    Isla Belle Sophia | Stella Margot Emmeline

Oliver Caspian James | Callum Nicholas Evander | August Victor Hugo
    Mason Oscar Theodore | Dimitri Matthew Balthazar
    Theo Frederick Lincoln | Jasper Rupert Anthony

Yeah, it's been crazy around here. My state is on a lockdown and my fertility clinic cancelled all treatment starts. So, we're on pause until they decide to start back up. I think we'll go back to the natural way of trying (we've done one IUI).

I'm wishing you all luck and relaxation during these crazy times.

November 2017 started TTC #1

Dreaming of:
    Hazel Ramona, Freya Elowen, Jasper Atticus, Lincoln Ezra

@jbenn656 - I totally understand your feelings, and honestly have had many of the same thoughts (would it really be that bad??). So I completely resonate with you. However, I've doing my research and pregnancy puts you in the "vulnerable" category for the virus, regardless of your age and health otherwise. I can't bring myself to do that even though I feel like a baby would be a great and happy distraction from everything. I would never forgive myself if something happened to myself or the baby, because I was too impulsive. In general, I'd say learning to micromanage less is a good thing, but right now with everything happening I'd say using extra wisdom and caution in these decisions is mandatory. I agree with @lilimorgana - I would focus on your pre-TTC goals, as you were going to, and see how things go.

@lilmorgana - That's such a hard call to possibly be making. I really feel for you. Hopefully this isn't the end of your baby making journey, but I admire your ability to think logically and accept that it might be.

@beccasto - I sorry your appointments have been cancelled. That's frustrating.
    twenty seven // wifey // photographer
    cups of tea // spring time // books // gardening
    TTC #1 late 2020

Persephone | Mercedes | Kalliope
    Endelyon | Saoirse | Xanthippe
    Othello | Atlas | Peregrine | Phoebus
    Onyx | Roman | Ignatius | Casper

Hello, everyone!

Laura here—I remember several of your from the TTC 2017/18 threads!

We’re hoping for a late spring/early summer 2021 baby, so we’re planning to start TTC in July/August. It took 5 cycles the first go around—here’s to hoping we get lucky in the first couple shots this time!

A quick intro: I’m a PhD candidate in Religion writing my dissertation while teaching university courses. My husband is a PhD student in Healthcare Ethics. We’re both turning 30, and our first child, a son, was born in 2018. Barring something unplanned, this will be our last child, so I’m trying to savor the whole experience.

8.23.18 | Miles Immanuel

Adela | Althea | Eleanor | Evangeline
    Arthur | Everett | Henry | Julian

@thelittlefairywren: my knee is much better. Still a bit swollen, but the pain is almost gone.

@lilimorgana: that's such a difficult decision to make! I'm sure that whatever you decide will be the best choice for your family, but I know it's hard.

Today is the last day of my period, so it's about time we decided if we want to start TTC this month or maybe wait a little longer. I'm not sure what to do with the pandemic and everything surrounding it. Financially we should be fine, we're both still working (but mostly from home). Everything just feels strange right now, I'm not able to visit my parents and the schools are closed, so my oldest son is at home all the time and we keep our youngest at home from daycare as often as possible. We're both feeling a bit unsure, but I think we'll agree on just not using birth control and seeing what happens for now.
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & Barnabas Húni

Maximilian Óli * Matthias Hreinn * Vignir Ulysses * Nikolai Svani * Zalman Torfi
    Ondine Lilach * Lucinde Meital * Mareva Bluma * Lavinia Perle * Magdalene Dune