Menu
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final decision

Final decision

We've gotten the final list down to only 5 names but we just can't decide on the one. Which name do you like best? Or should we choose something else completely? The middle name is going to be Tucker after his dad but it doesn't flow with names ending in an -er sound. What do you think can honor Tucker for those names?

Silas Tucker
    Oscar ?
    Elias Tucker
    Cooper ?
    Soren Tucker

Elias Tucker and Soren Tucker are my favorites. If I were to pick one of these my top choice would be Elias. I also like Oscar, not keen on Cooper or Silas.

Oscar Elias
    Oscar Silas
    Oscar Linus
    Oscar Frederik
    Oscar Henry
    Oscar Henrik
    Oscar Magnus
    Oscar Emil
    Linus Tucker
    Magnus Tucker
    Emil Tucker

e&a
    FC 12/21/2017
    BH 01/09/2020

TTC September 2020

I think that Silas Tucker is so handsome! Out of all the names on your list, that would easily be the one I would go for. However, if you're still looking for a way to honor his dad through the name Tucker, you could use just Tuck, or something that starts with a T but is similar in style, like Tate or Travis. Or does the father have a middle name that you could use? It might not work too well since you're having a boy, but you could also use the birth month of the child's father to honor him, if it were a masculine-leaning one such as March, August, September or the likes.
    Good luck, I hope you manage to find something you love!
    Ceilidh Rooney; Lover of names, writing and theatre

Jude Patrick. Emmett Hugh. Felix James.
    Arthur Eamon. Isaac Henry. Reuben Wilder.
    Ronan. Simon. Callum.

Eliza Cathleen. Thea Elisabeth. Lucy Saoirse.
    Alice Daisy. Eloise Jane. Della Felicity.
    Beatrice. Saoirse. Felicity.

Crushes: Beatrice, Ronan, Saoirse, Callum, Felicity, Simon

If you have a plan for the middle maybe that just cuts Oscar & Cooper and it helps you narrow it down since they don't work together? and then his name doesn't match Dads too much?
    Silas & Elias are very similar
    Soren & Silas are both S names & both 2 syllables
    I feel like Silas stands out more to me for you because it seems you like the S sound and also Soren has the r in there and I'm not super sure I like that with the middle.
    So I'll suggest Silas, it's very strong and the meaning is very nice. I think it goes very nicely with your middle also.
    Psalm 127:3-5

My favorite is Elias Tucker. It flows really well and I just love Elias. Eli is a great nickname as well.
    Mama to V!v!an + Nor@h

Petra Josephine-Claire Athena-Susanna Piper-Annemarie James-Margot Hanna-Caroline Sawyer-Jane Mariana-Iris Annemarie

Jasper Elias-Harvey James-Silas Patrick-Drake Ennis-Miles Birch-Beau Jameson-Drew Cedar-Cyrus Eli

I'm torn between Silas and Elias - both are fantastic! I think i slightly prefer Silas though!
    Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Trying out...
    Cove Harriet|Everett Louisa|Forrest Alaia|Keaton Sophie
    Fox Eulalia|Sylvan Phillipa|Tate Isabella|Rory Winona
    Hero Bastian|Piper Julian|Shiloh Casper|Aubrey Elijah
    Vyvian Silas|Romy Nathaniel|Edie Baxter|Bellamy Isaac

I agree with pp. When I'm stuck between too many options, I just use any reason to cut out items, so I'd eliminate Cooper and Oscar if they don't go with your chosen middle.

Silas Tucker stylistically goes together the best and sounds the best to me, but I absolutely love Soren so that's in a very very close second.

ABIGALE ASTRA | IVY CASSIA | SIENA EVE
    SOPHIE MADELIEF | TESSA ELYSE | VIOLET ADELAIS
    EMILY ~ ERIS ~ RUE

listography.com/scater

ALDEN REEVE | ANSEL GRAY | CALLAN WILDER
    KIT OLIVIER | MATTHEW RHYS | SOREN VALE
    COLM ~ JUDE ~ TOBIAS

My favourites are Oscar, Silas, and Soren. If your favourite ends up being Oscar I think Oscar Tuck sounds great and still works very well as an honour name.

Hi there.

Nice list!

Here are my thoughts:

Silas Tucker-This is handsome. It's different, but not too out there. It's simple, strong, a bit artsy and also rugged, & grows up well. Silas Tucker flows very nicely.

Oscar ?-I love Oscar. It's manly, artsy & a little quirky. What's Tucker's mn?

Elias Tucker-This is nice. My favorite & most interesting 'Eli' name, but Eli is pretty popular.

Cooper ?-This is not my style. It's just a bit trendy.

Soren Tucker-This is cool. The most unique name from your list, but has a similar feeling really.

Hope this helps.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Eleanor, Clementine, Gerty

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Nolan, Shiloh

I love both Silas Tucker and Elias Tucker but I think I would pick Silas. Very handsome!