Menu

LADA - name for baby girl. Do you like the sound of the name?

name Lada. What are your associations with him? Do you like the sound of the name? In Slavic mythology, Lada is the goddess of beauty and love.

I think it sounds pretty and I like the connection to Slavic mythology. The only potential downside I can think of (at least in Western European countries) is the association with the Soviet car brand named Lada, but younger people probably won't know of it.

I thought of the car immediately, it’s a relatively common car brand.
    I like the sound of it but I personally wouldn’t use it because of the association

Edit: I’m from Scandinavia and this is a very well known car here. I don’t know where you’re from, but I didn’t consider/ didn’t know that the car association could be smaller in other countries. Perhaps this is not a common car everywhere?
    Last edited by cl0udberry; August 17th, 2019 at 01:18 PM.

I'm not familiar with the car brand (from the UK), so I'm not sure how this would be pronounced. My assumption is that it would rhyme with Dada, pronounce Lah-dah, but I'm also wondering if it's lay-dah, almost like later with a d instead of the t.
    Girls Names
    Mavis Sylvia Lyra Evadne Ilaria

Girls Middles/Honours
    Juliet Margot Vera Celia Rosalie Eleanor

Boys Names
    Elliot Griffin August Lysander Atticus

Boys Middles/Honours
    Daniel Charles Jonas Piers Thomas

Yes. there is such a car now. this is a minus.

I think Lada is lovely. It's short and sweet, has a great sound and I enjoy the mythological association.

I had no idea of the car thing until reading the comments in this thread -- it's not at all a commonly known car here in Australia.

Just a quick note to say,
    I'm always up for a chat, so feel free to say 'Hey'!

I'm in the U.S. and I wouldn't be sure how to pronounce this.
    Ellen Virginia * Nancy Eleanor * May Genevieve * Celia Madeleine * Audrey Claire * Bess Emilia
    Nathaniel Francis * Leo Edmund * Benedict Henry * Virgil Blaise * Joseph Malachi * Timothy Jerome

Also Liking: OONA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Miranda Kate *
    Sybil Josephine * Edith Augusta * Catherine Ginevra * Molly Catriona *

Doesn't sound super attractive to me (I'm assuming the pronunciation is lah-da), but it's a relatively simple name and sounds enough like a name to not cause any issues.
    rachel

Delilah - Camilla - Geneva - Ida - Valentine
    Ronan - Arthur - Gabriel - Clayton - Declan - Matthew - Bennett

I've never heard this name but I like the sound of it. I'm from the US and have no knowledge of the car brand, so depending on where you live that may or may not be a deal breaker.

Why is it not very attractive? is there a bad association?