Menu
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle Names for Marigold???

I am set on Marigold as the first name for our very soon to be here daughter.

For what it's worth, our last name is pronounced slow-nay-ker with a "long O" sound.

I am torn between the following middle names:

Marigold Reyes Slonaker(I really want to love this because it's a family name, the back to back S from middle to last seem to blend too much)

Marigold Nova Slonaker (I really like the star reference)

Marigold Clove Slonaker (I think the O sounds flow nicely in all 3 with this combo)

Marigold Blaze Slonaker (I like the contrast between sweet, sunny first and edgy middle)

Marigold Sage Slonaker (I think the A sound in the middle sounds good with the other two)

Please tell me what you think, and make suggestions if you have them!

I actually really do like Marigold Reyes!
    Mama to Beatrix

Firsts: Dorothea ۰ Frances ۰ Winifred ۰ Josephine ۰ Harriet
    Middles: Mabel ۰ Ivy ۰ Violet ۰ Belle ۰ West

Firsts: Archie ۰ Theodore ۰ Casper ۰ George ۰ Harry
    Middles: Theodore ۰ August ۰ Alcott ۰ March ۰ Oscar

I actually prefer Marigold Reyes over all the other choices.

What about..
    Marigold Rey
    Marigold Soleil
    Marigold Luna
    Marigold Rain/Raina (or Reyna to honor the family)
    Mama to V!v!an + Nor@h

Petra Josephine-Claire Athena-Susanna Piper-Annemarie James-Margot Hanna-Caroline Sawyer-Jane Mariana-Iris Annemarie

Jasper Elias-Harvey James-Silas Patrick-Drake Ennis-Miles Birch-Beau Jameson-Drew Cedar-Cyrus Eli

Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte|Percy Evander|Otto Elias
    Cleo Tallulah|Lois Aurelia|Jesse Peregrine|Bram Atticus
    Maeve Emily|Sloane Felicity|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus

I also like Marigold Reyes the most. The back to back s's don't bother me much at all.
    Mumma to Owen Shepherd

Hazel Adeline + Nora Eve + Mae Evelyn + Eliza Audrey + Iris Eleanor

Theo Archer + Jonah Matthew + Kai Benjamin + Flynn Grayson

I really like Marigold Reyes! I also think the repetition of the S sounds good

Marigold and Reyes makes an unexpected combination. Marigold is feminine and cute while Reyes is cool. Together they make a stunning combination because they really compliment each other.

The other alternatives are really pretty of course, but I don’t think they have the same wow factor.
    Last edited by cl0udberry; August 16th, 2019 at 03:49 AM.

I like Marigold Reyes too! The S repetition doesn't bother me. Perhaps, if it were a first name ending in S, then it would be annoying to deal with the names running into each other, but 99% of the time she'll be just Marigold Slonaker, and most people won't know her middle (but seriously, it doesn't even sound bad). Plus, it's a family name, which gives it extra points!

Marigold Reyes is great.

You could also consider Marigold Adele, Marigold Wynne, Marigold Rue

I would choose Reyes, for the significance and because I think it really does sound nice. Reyes has an appealing gravitas. If you insert a slight pause before the surname, you should be fine. I doubt anyone else will even notice the blending.
    Ellen Virginia * Nancy Eleanor * May Genevieve * Celia Madeleine * Audrey Claire * Bess Emilia
    Nathaniel Francis * Leo Edmund * Benedict Henry * Virgil Blaise * Joseph Malachi * Timothy Jerome

Also Liking: OONA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Miranda Kate *
    Sybil Josephine * Edith Augusta * Catherine Ginevra * Molly Catriona *

Marigold Reyes would be my pick. It has so much going for it - connection to family - unique - edgy - sounds great with your surname and first name. If the "s" is the only thing stopping you, then I think it's worth it. Meaning and loving a name come before flow in my eyes.