Menu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Olympia is my personal favourite of the bunch -- unusual as a name, can feel both spunky & modern or gently vintage depending on the names it's listed with (ie. Olympia, Saskia & Freya / Olympia, Clementine & Iris) yet somewhat familiar and straight-forward for the most part in regard to pronunciation and spelling. It also fits with the many -ia ending names out there (ie. Olivia, Sophia, Mia...)

My second choice from your list would be Lavinia, for similar reasons as above. I also adore the nickname potential for Vini.

Puppy-Mama to my boys, Wynn & Cove

Olympia
    Rowena
    Lavinia
    Daphne
    Lavender
    Rose/Rosa/Rosaline
    Penelope
    Florence

I love Penelope! The nickname options are great too, I particularly love Nellie. Daphne, Rosaline, Olympia and Florence are lovely. I wouldn't use Florence as it's very popular in the UK right now.

I dislike Rowena, Lavinia and Lavender.

Olympia Rosaline would be stunning, as well as Daphne Rosaline.

Penelope Rose is simple but perfect!
    Boys

Xavier Isaac James
    Ezekiel Asher Beau
    River Elias Gabriel
    Octavian Noah Caleb
    Atticus Theodore Jude

Girls

Pandora Elowen Frances
    Persephone Matilda Alice
    Seraphina Imogen Violet
    Octavia Felicity Eden
    Zendaya Iris Winter

I love Olympia too! Olympia Rose or Olympia Penny would be super cute.
    Lavender is beautiful I just can't imagine calling it out in the playground feels too long or something. Lavi is cute though.
    Daphne Lavender sounds really lovely together.

Congratulations and good luck with your choices xx
    Mum to Our baby girl Zarlia Leonie Anne June 2018

Baby #2 Due April 2020 gender unknown

Current favourites
    Xander Adam Barrett, Kolohe River, Keanu Bleu, Nikolas Kai, Beauden Vance, Jagger Raymond, Finnegan Zayde
    Mila Moon, Heidi May, Kora June, Hazel Autumn, Helena Winter, Elora, Alara, Elena, Phoenix, Nerissa, Azureya, Aeryn

Olympia: A massive name to carry, it's hard for me to imagine a wide variety of women carrying that name, due to the association of Olympus. Also, I'm not usually a fan of "O" names, they sound heavy to me.

Rowena: Love, love, love this name! It's a more elegant and sassy variation to Rowen and Ramona. And if the name is too feminine for the bearer, she can use the spunky nickname "Ro".

Lavinia: I'm indifferent to this name, it's a little obscure and unheard of to me that I have no associations and I don't know what to make of it. It is pretty, though.

Daphne: I have a negative association of this name, so I can't give a fair opinion.

Lavender: Another name I love! I'm very partial to flower names, they're elegant, yet strong. The only problem with this name is that it's long with no plausible nicknames. But, my name's Emily, the same amount of syllables and I never let people shorten it. So, personal preference.

Rose/Rosa/Rosaline: I love Rose names, they are elegant because of the association and strong because of the strong "r" and long "o" sounds. My favorite is Rosalie.

Penelope: A good, solid name that's not too popular and still unforgettable. The nickname "Penny" is dated, in my opinion and I don't foresee it coming back.

Florence: I've never liked this name. It's too stiff and stuffy and feels more middle name material for me.

As for middle names, I'm a massive fan of using honor names.
    Rosalie Elizabeth Ann
    Felicity Anastasia Lin
    Freya Emily Nannette
    Genevieve Natalia Sonnet

Sage William Denney
    Gordon Michael Struan
    Augustus David Micah
    Bennett Paul Matthew

All middle names are honor names.

A few mixed opinions, but that makes sense. We know a few of them are pretty popular, but that's not a really big thing for us, and they're not in the top 20 or anything.

As for nicknames, we were thinking Nell for Penelope and Liv for Lavender. I know it's not that intuitive but a Lav/Lavy is a toilet where I'm from. I really dislike Ro for Rowena though, I'm sort of disappointed that so many of you mentioned it.

As for middle names, honour names are completely not an option for us. Using a name from one side of my family and not the other would cause big issues, and we haven't heard from my in-laws since they all decided not to come to our wedding. But I agree if things were different it would've been nice.

Rose is my favourite for you and I love the idea of Rose Lavinia as a combination.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Xavier ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arthur James ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Danica + Sarina + Margarita "Marga" + Evander + Jude + Emiliano
    GP Crushes: Fantine + Despina + Keturah + Milas + Bertram + Rogelio

I love your list! Rowena is my favorite. It's sweet, whimsical and unexpected. Rosaline would also be lovely! For combos I like Rowena Lavender or Florence Rosaline.
    Mama to Beatrix

Winifred ۰ Mabel ۰ Louisa ۰ Harriet ۰ Violet
    Dorothea ۰ Clementine ۰ Felicity ۰ Josephine ۰ Daisy
    Anne ۰ Lottie ۰ Frances ۰ Ivy ۰ Marion ۰ Alice

Casper ۰ Rupert ۰ Archie ۰ Theodore ۰ Linus
    Harry ۰ Louis ۰ Cecil ۰ Hugo ۰ Fitzwilliam ۰ Archibald
    Oscar ۰ George ۰ Ollie ۰ August ۰ Arthur

Full List

I adore Rowena, my favourite from your list. I wouldn't use Ro for short either - I like Wenna and Wen, and maybe Reny (Reeny) or Romy, for nns.

I also really like Olympia, Rose, Florence and Penelope. (I love Polly for an Olympia nn.) Lavender and Daphne are more quirky but I don't mind them. I just don't like Lavinia and Rosaline. I would avoid Rose in the middle though, much as I love it for a first name, as it is ubiquitous.

Olympia Daphne
    Olympia Claire
    Rowena Daphne
    Rowena Blythe
    Lavinia Daphne
    Lavinia Blythe
    Daphne Rowena
    Daphne Camilla
    Lavender Florence
    Lavender Maeve
    Rose Penelope
    Rose Georgette