Menu

Thread: NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo

Hi friends! IDK if there's already a thread like this, but is anyone doing NaNo this year?
    This is my third year doing it, so if there are any newbies I'll be happy to answer questions! Reminder for veterans that we have a brand new site that is being switched to sometime this month.
    My username is the same thing there as it is here, so if you want to send me a buddy request you can.
    What are y'all NaNo veterans' opinions on the new site?
    I'm a teen writer who loves names!

My babies (aka characters):
    E: Alex, Tomas, Maria, Gronqo
    FTR: Minnie, Noah, Kim, Will, Brady Arthur, Reese, Kyle
    TSS: Luke, Mustard, Lavender, Zenda, Ranger, Maddox, Tamar, Damien, Mitina

Find me on NaNoWriMo and Pinterest with the same username

Going on year number 5 and I can’t believe it! I did Camp NaNoWriMo in April and November of this year but only set a goal of 10,000 in April (because I started April 18th) and 30,000 last month. Unfortunately, April didn’t work out because it just so happened that I had 3 finals on April 30th and 1 on May 1st so school had to come first. I did finish last month’s though.

I’m not sure what I’m going to work on this year, which is new. I usually have a plan by the end of the summer. It will all depend on what writing I’m able to accomplish this fall. I’m taking an Introduction to Fiction class at my university which I’m soooo excited about (been trying to get into it for 3 semesters).

My username is also the same here as it is there. I think we’re already buddies @rangerlexi but I look forward to meeting some new people too!
    Abby | 20 | Psychology Student | Writer

♍︎ Virgo ♍︎
    The kind and practical maiden

Freyja Pearl | Astraea Hero | Líadan Susannah
    Yuri Grey | Zaccai Aster | Truett Leland

💜

Quote Originally Posted by sparkleninja18 View Post
    I think we’re already buddies @rangerlexi
    yeah we are, but i couldn't find you on the new site?
    And don't feel bad about not knowing what you're gonna do cuz idk either.

We're gonna have to buddy up again because the buddy lists were not copied to the new site. Also my name there is Auck Rus, not Wandarine.

It's going to be my third year for me (I didn't do the camps). I'm almost certain I'm going to write fanfiction this year, I have some novels that would need reworking or a sequel but starting something new on November 1st is so much cooler
    Wanda | 24 | statistics student | on summer break
    if I was in the US...
    Alan Emmet Ethan Harrison Liam Logan Nelson Nolan Owen Parker Prosper Randall
    Alice Amber Claire Grace Jenna Megan Tamsin

for more posts on names, visit Vornamerei

I'm finally gonna do it this year after my complete failure of an attempt last year. I hadn't done much planning, was stressing about going back to uni and ended up writing less than 1000 words in the whole month haha. I'm wanting to start planning soon for this year though, so hopefully it'll go better. I have the same name there too, so feel free to add me as a buddy!

I'm wondering how people space it out, if they write an equal amount over the week or cram it into the weekend. Im working full time and with my commute it means I only have a couple of hours free time in a day, and I dunno if that's enough time for me to write 1700 words.
    io
    Freyja Ferelith × Aisling Andromeda × Jem Jupiter × Marcellus Meridian
    Alexandrine | Theodosia | Jessamine
    Florin | Aurelius | Cassel
    Sloane Bartholomew & Jem Jupiter & Alice Elspeth

@rangerlexi, I haven’t been able to get onto the new site yet? So maybe that’s why.

@islandmoon, I write everyday and I highly recommend that you do too. My first year doing it, I took a couple days off to study for an exam and it took me a week to get back on track. Every 6 days is 10,000 words which seems like it would be difficult to try to cram into a weekend. You’d be surprised how much free time you have. I’ve written for NaNoWriMo in the weirdest places: during a boring lecture, waiting for my table at a restaurant, sitting in line for a John Mulaney show, and even on the toilet!

I find during the first few days, I have a lot of ideas and I’m really energized to write so I always try to finish my thoughts when possible. Sometimes I can write close to 3000 words in a day, which is really helpful when you reach the second week slump. So while you may not be able to write an entire week’s worth of words in a weekend, you can definitely use that time to get ahead.
    Abby | 20 | Psychology Student | Writer

♍︎ Virgo ♍︎
    The kind and practical maiden

Freyja Pearl | Astraea Hero | Líadan Susannah
    Yuri Grey | Zaccai Aster | Truett Leland

💜

Islandmoon, I'm gonna be honest, I have yet to make it to fifty thousand. It's not a realistic goal for me. Last year I included writing for school into my wordcount, and I still only made it to 25k. My first year I didn't write every day, but last year I did at least 100 per day.

Wandarine, I don't think I could find you on the new site either? maybe that was just my search engine. Unfortunately the site is still down for maintenance so it'll have to wait.

I'm doing it for the first time this year! I have had an idea for a story for a while and I think this will be the push I need to get it started. I am on the early stages of planning. Does anyone have any tips on writing the outline?

I think I have most of my characters' names too. The Writers' Corner helped a bit with that!

I've been doing NaNo on and off for the last few years though I've done it for four years straight- and only had one win. Some days I write more words than I need to and others I can barely manage ten words. I don't think I feel the same way about NaNo as I used to so I'm not sure if I plan on doing it this year. If I do, than I plan on finishing an old story instead of starting a new one. I'm weaveroffantasy in case anyone is wondering.

I didn't realize NaNo was redesigning their website. It should be interesting to see how it works out versus the old site.