Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louve?

Louve?

Hello,

My husband likes the French name Louve (meaning female wolf), pronounced like Lou with a V at the end. What do you think about it? Is the pronunciation instinctive? Would it be always misread as Love? Is it wearable?

Middle names could be Marlowe Autumn and the other names we are considering are Gemma, Olive, Esmée, Pia, Ada, Alma and Maxine.

Thank you
    If parents decide to choose a name from a certain culture, they must respect that culture and the gender for which the name was historically given

✯ A. forever in our hearts

Louve is quite sweet
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Una Adele|Ezra Apollo|Sholto Felix
    Rethinking...
    Ilaria Winter|Ilaria Juno|Ilaria Mabel|Ilaria Pearl
    Scout Eliora|Scout Eleanora|Scout Mirabel|Scout Elodie

More|Vote

I really like the name Louve, sounds very chic and sweet. I might even put it on my list for myself, hahah
    // Annie Josephine Grace // Hayley Elise Noelle // Avrey Josephine Grace // Ivy Edith Reign // Riley Noelle Dawn // Freya Emilia Genevieve // Jade Nicolette // Leyla Esmé Catherine // Paisley Delilah Noelle // Eden Francesca Claire // Audrey Francine June // Linnéa Eleonora Wictoria // Winnimere Hazel Grace // Ayla Lilith Noelle // Alessia Francesca Luisa //

// Noah Elliott Jackson // Theodore Bennett James // Elliott Parker Greyson //

- under construction -

My first thought was that you’d meant to write Louvre (as in The Louvre in Paris) but missed the ‘r’. In saying that, it has quite a nice look and sound to it, although I’d personally prefer to use it as a middle rather than a first as I’d imagine she’d have to constantly spell/explain her name to everyone. I’m a massive fan of the name Olive so to me Olive Marlowe Autumn is just perfect.

I thought the same as @tdfm with "Louvre!"

It does sound sweet, and I do agree that it may cause some confusion. I'd place it in the middle, like Gemma Louve Autumn

Not my style but not terrible, the only issue I see is people thinking you're naming her after the Louvre museum and thinking you're stupid for spelling it wrong. Sounds very crisp and clear. Might be better placed as a middle.

Agree that it looks like Louvre without the "r". Seems like it is pronounced the same too, so pronunciation shouldn't be an issue. I think Louve is lovely but I personally would not like the feeling of people assuming the name was Louvre spelling incorrectly, so I'd put it in the middle.
    august olivia | aveline rue | cassia brooke
    eris magdalen | katherine mercy | lyra grace
    primrose eliza | sophie adelais | stacy lilium

autry ~ rowan ~ sage
    siena ~ tessa ~ vienna

ansel gray | callan wilder | colm brooks
    jack evander | kit olivier | mattias oake
    reese october | senan reeve | soren vale

I think it’s great! I love Loup for a boy so why not Louve for a girl? I really like its clear, simple, strong sound.
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

It's not for me, but it could definitely work as a name. I think the pronounciation is instinctive and there are lots of Lou- names out there I don't see why this can't be one. The meaning is great too!
    Little Miss's
    ♥ Sienna ♥ Everly ♥ Clara ♥
    ♥ Annalise ♥ Kinsley ♥ Aria ♥ Eleni ♥ Hollie ♥
    ♥ Elowen ♥ Charlotte ♥ Lydia ♥ Emerson ♥ Athena ♥

Little Mr's
    ♥ Ramsey ♥ Harrison ♥ Nolan ♥
    ♥ Lester ♥ Atlas ♥ Elwood ♥ Mason ♥ Miles ♥
    ♥ Reid ♥ Wilder ♥ Chester ♥ Finnegan ♥ Hudson♥

Maybe as a middle for me since the art museum is so iconic.