Menu

View Poll Results: Which name to honor Grandpa Ben?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Benedict as a first name

19 27.14%
  • Benedict as a middle name

6 8.57%
  • Reuben as a first name

31 44.29%
  • Reuben as a middle name

1 1.43%
  • Those are terrible -- use Bennett

12 17.14%
  • Those are terrible -- use Benjamin

1 1.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I guess I'm an outlier when it comes to this, but I much prefer Benedict over Reuben! Maybe it's because it's my husband's favorite sandwich, but it's all I can think about. Yes, Benedict Arnold is a thing, but unlike the sandwich that is still (and most likely always will be) around and very popular, Benedict Arnold is not something that remains current. I think Benedict Cumberbatch made it more useable and broke that Arnold association but without making the name trendy because it's still super unique and vintage. The only reason why I wouldn't use it as a first is because he will inevitably get nicknamed Ben and if you're looking for a name that can't get shortened to something common then I would keep it in the middle name spot.

I also like Bennett a lot for a middle name. I see the trendiness feel and concern, but if you pair it with something more vintage as a first name, it wouldn't come off that way.

I'm not a big fan of super common names, but I have always had a soft spot for Benjamin (and John, oddly). I just love it. So much history. I personally love the nickname Ben, but I would never be able to bring myself to use it as a first either because of the popularity factor; however it could be great in the middle name spot. But again, if you want to avoid the common vibe, then go with the fresher and more interesting Benedict.

i like the idea of using an honor name in the middle name spot because then it still gives you the freedom to pick any first name you want. I think depending on what first name you fall in love with, it will drive the middle name in terms of the best flow. Even Reuben! But only in the middle name spot - haha!
    Mama to Nor@h & V!v!an

Blair Milana. Gwyneth Maia. Raina Josephine.
    Margot Hannah. Alice Athena. Rosalie Piper. Daphne Winter.

Dean Jacob. Jasper Elias. John Jameson.
    Ewan Jack. Conrad James. Ronan Eli. Drake Ennis.