Menu

View Poll Results: What should we name our newest kitten?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Georgia Washington "Wash"

0 0%
  • Angelica Schuyler "Sky"

1 33.33%
  • Angelica Schuyler "Angel"

0 0%
  • And Peggy

1 33.33%
  • Something else!

1 33.33%

Hamiltonian name for our newest kitten?

We are going to meet this new kitten this weekend to possibly bring home, and we're not sure what we want to name her. Current name is Puff (with sister Dragon!) but we won't be keeping that. We had two name options picked out for a male kitten, but this kitten is a female, and I want to give her a more feminine name.

All of our cats have names themed after the musical Hamilton. We currently have two one-year-old male cats, both with Hamilton-themed names: Alexander Hamilton "Hammy" and Marquis de Lafayette "Laffy." Our previous pets (RIP) were females, cat Theodosia Purr "Theo" and dog Liberty Bell "Libby." The male options we had picked for a third kitten were George Washington "Wash" or Hercules Mulligan "Herc."

Georgia Washington would let us still call her "Wash," but this is maybe too boyish. Maybe we should use "Gigi" instead? Angelica Schuyler gives us "Sky" and "Angel," among other options, but I'm not sure it fits with Hammy and Laffy. If we named her And Peggy, she'd most likely get called "Peggy," which is girly and matches our boys' names, but I don't really like it--it's more of a joke name.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Stephanie Rae
    💍 Married 10.06.18 💙 TTC Evie or Jude 2020 👶
    Furmommy to: Alexander Hamilton *Hammy* & Marquis de Lafayette *Laffy*
    Proud auntie to: Lucy Anne & Leon Jeffrey & Mason William & Jaxon Anthony *Jax* & Expected Baby Girl
    Fairy godmother to: Anastasia Elizabeth *Ana* & Logan Mark Jay

She’s so, so cute! I actually think she looks like an Eliza/Elizabeth. You could do Martha WashingtonMarty” or Philippa SchuylerPippi” (like Philip Shuyler/Philip Hamilton/Phillipa Soo) or Marguerite SchuylerMaggie” or some other nickname that isn’t Peggy. Or there’s always Maria Reynolds ;)
    Last edited by sugarplum.fairy; August 13th, 2019 at 05:15 AM.
    Rachel Elise
    fur loves are Snickers, Mirabel, Sybil, & Rita
    my unexpected little is coming around 02/26/2020

considering
    Owen Thatcher
    Madeline Kate/Elizabeth & Maggie Olivia
    other loves
    Camille, Clementine, Eleanor, Jane, Millie, Molly, Rosalie/Rosie, Stella, Tallulah, Tessa, & Zoe
    Archie, Callum, Colin, Dylan, Hugo, Jonah, & Oliver