Menu

Thread: Ernie

Ernie

What do you think of Ernie? Should it be a nickname for something, and if so what can it be short for, or just a stand-alone name? We're thinking about naming this little guy Ernie and he will be joining an older sister named Clara Jane and an older brother named Otis Walter. I've read that Ernie is the name of a character on Sesame Street but that is not a popular show at all where we live so I don't think that will be too much of a problem.

Ernie fits well with your kids and it fits in with current nn as full names trend! It's nice
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Scout Elodie
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Thinking about...
    Tyra Mabel|Skye Miriam|Lois Winter|Anya Ottillie
    Quinn Barnaby|Silas Peregrine|Teddy Linus|Klaus Raphael

Ernie is short for Ernest. But either one could work for a sibling gs to your children. Personally I prefer Ernest nn Ernie
    Girls Names
    Liliana Juliet Sylvia Marcella Rosalie Evadne

Girls Middles/Honours
    Juliet Margot Vera Celia Rosalie Eleanor

Boys Names
    Griffin Elliot 'Otto' Caspian Jonas Elias Chester

Boys Middles/Honours
    Daniel Charles Bennett Piers Thomas

I can’t say I’m a fan of Ernie but Ernest, to me, is quite refined and has gravitas as a result of Ernest Hemingway. I really love your children’s names and don’t quite see Ernie fitting with them; I feel that names of a similar type like Archie, Alfie, Freddie, Albie or Franky would complement Otis and Clara better. But if you go with Ernie I’d suggest it works best as a nickname for Ernest. Anyway, just my two cents!