Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clara Nadine

30 62.50%
  • Clara Olivia Nadine

18 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One or two middle names?

Does Clara’s name sound better with one, or two middle names? If two, what’s a name that you’d use instead of Olivia?

·teen who puts names together for fun·

girl names: margot, gemma, ivy, camille, edith, clara, nadine, amalia, inés,

boy names: leon, jude, alastair, harlan, ambrose, xavier,

no idea why people are squeamish about multiple middle names. I have three and I love it.

Clara Nadine sounds lovely as it is and would be my pick, though Clara Nadine Olive or Clara Ottilie Nadine might be tempting
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

I do love second middle names. I love the idea of giving my children two middle names - one as an honour for my side of the family, and one for the fathers. However, my boyfriend is not keen on the idea, as he says it's 'too posh'.
    I also think two middle names is a great way for people to use more unusual middle names. I just love how it sounds with two name-names and one word name.
    That said, in this case I prefer Clara Nadine. Olivia is very popular and overused at the moment, so has lost it's charm. Clara Nadone is two lovely classic names. I think it would sound great with a one syllable word name on the end, but it's also lovely as it is.
    Girls Names
    Liliana Juliet Sylvia Marcella Rosalie Evadne

Girls Middles/Honours
    Juliet Margot Vera Celia Rosalie Eleanor

Boys Names
    Griffin Elliot 'Otto' Caspian Jonas Elias Chester

Boys Middles/Honours
    Daniel Charles Bennett Piers Thomas

I prefer one middle name.

Clara Nadine sounds complete to me.

I think both sound and look nice -- I'm good with wither one or two middles, both work.

I like the suggestion of Clara Ottilie Nadine a lot, I must say.

Gaia . Atlas . Freyja . Emrys . Aviva . August . Juno . Freyr . Ariadne . Octavian . Sarai . Dawson . Nimue
    Ambrose . Sunniva . Aurelian . Artemisia . Hawthorne . Idony . Jesper . Leocadia . Peregrine . Amity . Wren
    Juniper . Ari . Adelaide . Tadhg . Ianthe . Jessamy . Galateia . Blythe . Noa . Malachy . Athena . Atticus

I think one or two middles can work - it really just comes down to which you prefer, and whether you can find three names that flow together (which is, of course, harder than finding two).

I also love @greyblue's suggestion of Clara Ottilie Nadine.
    Lucia Clemency ۰ Harriet Morgana ۰ Adelaide Saskia
    Alexander Caspian ۰ Jonathan Horatio ۰ Nicholas Dorian

Eald Englisc:
    Annis ۰ Ardith ۰ Cwen ۰ Elvia ۰ Nelda
    Lucan ۰ Oswald ۰ Feran ۰ Godwin ۰ Lufian

Dont ever use a second name for the first or middle unless its Winn Dixie because it goes together.

It's better to just have one first and middle, otherwise its too much and no one wants to grow up with that.
    Delete this account, dont like my username.

I personally sway between 1-2 middles, I use to be all for one middle only however I have actually grown to like 2 middles as this can give you more choice and often means you don’t have to choose between the honour name and that name you just adore. However in this case I just love the pure simplicity of Clara Nadine there is something about the softness of Clara combined with the hard d and ‘een’ sound of Nadine that really works and although I like Olivia in this combination it just isn’t necessary.
    I although I do like the pp’s suggestion of Clara Ottilie Nadine in this case I just don’t think the extra middle is needed.

I therefore voted for Clara Nadine.

Ps: As you can tell from my signature I do like Clara with 2 middles (Leonie Carys are both honour names) so if you prefer to have 2 middles just go for it!
    37, single, still hoping to be a mama someday!

Favourite first name loves

Adeline and Gabriel

Possible Combinations:

Adeline Linnea Carys and Gabriel Frederick Emrys

Gabriel’s potential brothers

Benedict Thomas Emyr & Elias Auden Leigh

Adeline’s potential sisters

Rosalie Eliza Seren & Cecilia Annabel Gwyneth