Menu

Alira's sister needs a name

I found my daughter's name on Nameberry when I was looking for a middle name to fit with Violet. I found Alira Violet and ended up dropping Violet completely and using Alira Jolene. I am 35 weeks pregnant with my second daughter. I can not find a name that I can commit to. I love how unique her name is and I want something that is out of the top 300. Names I love are Lorraine, Camille, Zylie, Aziza, and Azalea. I just don't feel like any of these are her name. The pressure is really on because Alira was born at 36 weeks so I am feeling she will be here soon and I will end up settling for something I don't feel connected to.

Hi there.

Alira Jolene is quite nice.

Here are my thoughts on your short/not too sure about list:

Lorraine-This is not my style personally, but it's sort of refreshing.

Camille-This is nice. Smart & feminine. Well know enough, but not terribly over done.

Zylie-This seems a little out of left field. It seems sort of made-up, & way too cutesy.

Aziza-This is really cool & unique. It's a tad matchy w/Alira, but I wouldn't let that stop you if you did love it.

Azalea-Same as above. But I like this more, because it's a pretty flower name w/out being too frilly.

Suggestions:

Aviva

Anais

Annis

Anita

Bronte

Calliope

Callista

Dahlia

Esme

Isolde

Indigo

Junia

Katia

Paloma

Rosamund

Sylvia

Vida

Zella

Hope this helps.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Daisy, Clementine, Greta, Eleanor, Adeline, Felicity

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Julian, Shiloh, Nolan

Last edited by wilkie8709; August 5th, 2019 at 11:21 PM.

annabelle | teenberry | dog mom to cassie

planning ahead:

genevieve ophelia | maeve rosalind | ines victoria | elizabeth june | madeleine tessa | elodie pearl | amelia violette

sebastian leo | philip tobias | august james | clark alexander | harrison samuel | asa maxwell | seamus john | cillian arthur | quentin thomas | reid ellis

I love that Sylvia has been suggested a couple times. It has been on and off my list. I met a Sylvia that played a huge (but temporary) role in my life. She was so kind and absolutely adorable so it has such a positive association but the looks I get when I mentioned it as an option worries me that she would grow up not liking her name.

I also live Esme, I think it is beautiful and elegant but I'm not a huge fan of Twilight but worry that it would be the major association with the name.

I like the suggestion of Aviva too because I like Viv as a nickname but my name is Olivia and I feel like Olivia, Alira, and Aviva are giving them different versions of my name if that makes sense.

I don't think that Aviva is too close to Olivia. Especially if you go by Olivia. If you typically go by Liv, it may be a little matchy to have a daughter called Viv. And for Esme, I totally forgot about the dumb Twilight thing. Is that still popular? I fell in love w/Esme when I read it in a JD Salinger short story while in college (before Twilight). That's a more classic association, but honestly I don't think a lot of people think much about either.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Daisy, Clementine, Greta, Eleanor, Adeline, Felicity

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Julian, Shiloh, Nolan