Menu

Opinion on boy name -

My husband and I have had a difficult time finding boy names that we can agree on. The only one we both happen to like has some difficulties to go along with it...

1) It is the name of one of our favorite fictional characters
    2) It is very a-typical and I would be worried about general pronunciation/reception

The name is Eugenides (pronounced you-jen-i-dees)
    The character's nickname is Gen, which we also like, if the full one would be too much.

Any feedback would be appreciated,
    Thanks!

I surprisingly got the pronunciation correct. I think most people won’t have a problem with that. However, I do think it’s a bit much for a kid and even an adult. I think it would be better as a middle or you could use the name Eugene nn Gen and still have a connection to that character.
    Emma Louise - future zookeeper, current namenerd

Cassius Mercury "Cash" . Ianthe Venus "Thea" . Augustine Earth "Gus" . Caspian Mars "Cap" . Elias Jupiter "Jem" . Alexandria Saturn "Alex" . Ezekiel Uranus "Zeke" . Koa Neptune "Kip"

Human to dogs Carmel, Rainier Paxton, Ryder James, and Jay Gatsby "Gatz", and kitten Phinneas McDougal

People may have to pause & consider before reading aloud the name, but I think most people would be able to pronounce it correctly if they tried. However, I agree that it is a bit out there and I like pp's suggestion of Eugene.
    ava madrigal | august olivia | eris magdalen
    florence mairéad | ivy cassia | tess wilder
    tosca emily | vienna rue | violet adelais

asher ~ callum ~ sage
    lyra ~ siena ~ sophie

ansel gray | colm brooks | jack evander
    kit olivier | mattias oake | rhys william
    rowan isaac | senan reeve | soren vale

Eugenides is interesting but it reminds me a lot of eugenics which isn't an association I'd want tbh
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine