Menu

Thoughts on these finalist names?

We're expecting baby boy #2 in September and we've narrowed our list down to 4 names but can't decide! Any thoughts pro or con on these? Other names to consider? Thanks!

(For Drew and Will, that would be the full name. Our philosophy is that the name should be what they're called, not short for something longer.)

I love Drew and Evan!! Evan is so strobg byt gentle and Drew feels relaxed but serious! I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices though!!

Owen, Ewan, Teddy and Sam were some others that came to mind, but i like your choices tbh!
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts:

Evan-This is fine. I feel like I really should like it, but just don't find it that exciting. Which is weird, because I love Ewan, Declan, Dylan, etc. I just think this one maybe got a little played out in the early 2000s.

Drew-Well, a con here is that people will constantly think that his full name is Andrew. That may get annoying. And it's super popular.

Will-Complete ditto for Drew.

Rowan-Love it! Nothing wrong here (okay, people use this for a girl sometimes, but lets try to put an end to that.) It's very handsome, simple yet not too common in general, has a soft yet rugged feel at the same time.

Hope this helps.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Daisy, Clementine, Greta, Eleanor, Adeline, Felicity

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Julian, Shiloh, Nolan

All great name choices!! My favorites are Evan and Drew. I share the same philosophy with you... I mean there are some names that I have considered where nicknames would happen because it would just be a shortened version of the name but I'm of the mindset if you exclusively plan on calling your child the nickname just give them the nickname as a full name. But anyway I knew a Drew and he was not an Andrew nor did he seem like he'd ever be an Andrew... anyway I think he pulled it off and it's a great, distinguished stand-alone name. I don't think Will would be as successful in that as I feel most people would assume is short for William or something like that.

Rowan is my favourite, hands down!
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    &
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Eden + Eilish + Indira + Linus
    GP Crushes: Azalea + Valeria + Oriana + Ossian + Cassander

Rowan is my favorite. It's gentle but fierce and I definitely prefer it on a boy so I'm putting in a strong vote for Rowan!

Evan and Drew feel a little dated to me, probably because of the people in my circles. All the Evans I knore born before the 2000s, mostly in the 80s and 90s, and I feel Drew is just a bit older than that.
    ava madrigal | florence mairéad | lilia nyx
    madelief ivy | magdalen eris | siena eve
    tosca emily | vienna rue | violet adelais

asher ~ rowan ~ sage
    cassia ~ lyra ~ tess

ansel gray | callan wilder | colm brooks
    jack evander | kit olivier | latham scott
    reese october | senan reeve | soren vale

I like Rowan Drew or Evan Will! I think you could double up and use 2 that you love!

I have recently fallen in love with the name Evan, so it’s my favorite from the list.

I know SO many Wills and while it is timeless, I just can't get behind it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like Drew and Rowan. I prefer Andy to Drew though. Rowan is a cute unisex name!

Rowan is my pick then Drew you may want to considet:
    Declan, Dylan, Gavin, Trent or Trevor

Evan, Drew, and Will are too common for my liking and are a little out dated.
    Rowan I love Rowan on a boy! It’s strong while retaining a softness, definitely my favorite from your list.