Menu

Finalized a long-awaited adoption!

My husband and I are happy to announce the adoption finalization of our daughter Mariah Juline on August 1st. She was placed with us at birth, and, just after her second birthday, we joyfully celebrated her adoption. After much thoughtful consideration, we chose to give her a new name upon adoption. Her nickname, Mia, naturally arose from her birth-name, so we knew her new name would have to make sense with Mia as her nickname. We wanted a familiar but less common name, and we both loved Mariah. Juline is sort of a family name. My mother almost chose it to name my youngest sister. She told us this when we were young, and we loved the name so much that we created an imaginary fourth sister named Juline. She was, of course, always the favorite sister!

Congrats! I love how much thought you put into the name and the story behind Juline.

Name Nerd, Professor, Anthropologist, INTP, Expat, Mom

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14
    &
    Caspian Kaveh 郑煜祺 '17

The Ones That Got Away
    Gentlemen: Raphael Bardia, Soren Aryo, Sidney Pasha, Tobias Rostam, Elias Bahram
    Ladies: Verity Azadeh, Artemisia Patrice, Aida Marguerite, Annora Laleh, Camellia Baran

Congratulations! You have chosen a beautiful name for her and love how her nickname fits seamlessly into it.

Gorgeous choice, congratulations! The story is as lovely as the name
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

Congratulations! That must be a wonderful feeling! I love the name you have chosen for her, lucky girl.
    ~*~**~*Larissa~*~**~*

Zephyrine Amelia Daisy "Zelda" ~~~ Theodora Eloise Lux "Thea" ~~~
    Eugenia Marigold Moon "Genie"

Florian Elias Danger "Rory" ~~~ Orlando Archer Fox "Arrow" ~~~
    Sullivan Gatsby James "Sully"

Congratulations! Adoption is such a beautiful thing. You've chosen such a meaningful middle name (and I've never heard of Juline; it's gorgeous!) and I think Mariah nn Mia is splendid!