Menu

Isla - thoughts?

My husband and I are looking for a Scottish girls name for our baby coming in September.
    At the moment our leading choice is Isla.

I know Isla is pretty popular these days which I don't mind but I'm wondering, would the child still run into issues where people don't know how to spell her name?/always have people mispronouncing it?

Or is it so popular now that it's pretty obvious how to spell and pronounce Isla?
    Mumma to Lachlan William Blair (born: 20/9/19).

Always remembering our angels who were too beautiful for earth:
    Lachlan Sloane (6/1/16), Cameron Riley (20/12/17), Maisie Faye (29/4/18) & Annabel Delta (14/10/18) xx

I think it's common enough for the vast majority to pronouncr and spell correctly.

Isla is a beautiful name. We tossed it around when deciding our girl's name
    Violet Genevieve (22.6.2019)

Girls <3

Audrey Claire ~ Jasmine Lucia ~ Olive Thisbe ~ Eloisa Claire ~ Sasha Blair ~ Morgan Isabeau ~ Iliana Marlowe ~ Marlowe Annabel ~ Talia Marigold ~ Sofia Willow

Boys <3

Finn Arthur ~ Ari Lennox ~ Adriel Thomas ~ Xavier Benedict ~ Working on more

I agree with @ashybear02 that it is common often for most people to know. Ayla is also pronounced eye-luh, however Isla is the most common spelling in my opinion so it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle. She may get a few people in her lifetime spelling it incorrectly but I think any name gets spelt mis correctly at some stage. My name is Grace and it’s been misspelt before!

Isla is an absolutely gorgeous name and one of my favourites too!! I think it goes beautifully with the names of your other children. You have a beautiful choice in names btw!!
    Rose Pieternella “Rosie”
    Savannah Juliet “Savvy J”
    Laela Naomi

Caleb John
    Judah Samuel “Jude”
    Wyatt Moses

Amelia, Bryony, Darcy, Emilia, Elsie, Holly, Isla, Julia, Katherine, Lila, Lucy, Mae, Maeve, Nora, Olivia, Sophia, Summer, Violet

Aaron, Benjamin, Bentley, Brantley, Clayton, Elijah, Grayson, Jacob, Logan, Mason, Matthew, Noah, Samuel, William

~ ~ ~

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”
    Psalm 139:13-14

I think it's common enough that people will know how to say and spell it!

Isla is sweet, sharp and lovely!
    Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte|Percy Evander|Otto Elias
    Cleo Tallulah|Lois Aurelia|Jesse Peregrine|Bram Atticus
    Maeve Emily|Sloane Felicity|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus