Menu

___ssy? HELP US “MAKE UP” A NAME!

So, this might be weird... haha!

We love the “ssy” sound at the end of a name (as in Bessie, Lissy, Missy, etc.)

We don’t want one that’s very common (like Krissy, etc.) and are just looking for an original sounding name with that sound. Particularly “essy” and “ossy” - we would be open to full names that can be shorted to nickname with that sound.

Any thoughts?!

Well none of these are "made up" but they also aren't common...

Alessi
    Blossom (Blossie)
    Dessie
    Flossie
    Hessie
    Jossie
    Nessie
    Rossie
    Tessie

Many of them could also be nicknames for more "full" names if you prefer.

Mama to Enzi... Sept 2018

OUR TOP CHOICES:
    James, Leona

I know these aren’t made up, but they’re not common though.
    I have put some suggestions next to some of them of what could also be a full name.

Mossie (Moselle)
    Cressie ( Cressida?
    Nissie (Nissa?)
    Hennessy ( Could also be shortened to Essy )
    Tansy
    Bizzi
    Vessie
    Prissie ( Priscilla? )
    Cissy

What about names that ends in xy or xie?
    Last edited by cl0udberry; August 4th, 2019 at 05:07 AM.

Tesni is the first name that came to mind that would fit the bill for you. I love it myself. It's not at all common, has that same sound you desire, and the meaning 'warmth from the sun' (Welsh) is just brilliant!

My second thought was of Odessa, Cressida & Thessaly which all have that prominent ESS sound that you could shorten to Essie or the like if you like. Also, perhaps Theodosia, Ostara, Cosima or Ambrosia for your "ossy".

Gaia . Atlas . Freyja . Emrys . Aviva . August . Juno . Freyr . Ariadne . Octavian . Sarai . Dawson . Nimue
    Ambrose . Sunniva . Aurelian . Artemisia . Hawthorne . Idony . Jesper . Leocadia . Peregrine . Amity . Wren
    Juniper . Ari . Adelaide . Tadhg . Ianthe . Jessamy . Galateia . Blythe . Noa . Malachy . Athena . Atticus