Menu

Daisy -- can she be taken seriously? Better as a middle?

I love the name Daisy, I think it's really sweet and cute and spunky, but I worry that it wouldn't age well and that a Daisy wouldn't be taken seriously as a pilot or a scientist or a doctor or a lawyer or a politician. There is also questionable usage in literature, i.e. Daisy from The Great Gatsby basically being a representation of superficiality and flightiness and flimsy temptation.

Do you think these concerns are valid, or is Daisy a lovely fresh name regardless of the age or occupation? Or is it better as middle name, since I think it's unexpected and can make a more serious first name sound brighter. Some examples...

Charlotte Daisy
    Anna Daisy
    Matilda Daisy
    Caroline Daisy
    Fiona Daisy

What do you think?
    lila hermione. fiona calliope. eloise andromeda. matilda daisy.

considering: azalea | vienna | saskia | thalia

Hi there.

Daisy is on the top of my favorites list right now at the moment too. I don't think that there's any issue w/it not aging well. I don't see why it's any cutesier than Molly, Lucy, Lily etc. that are all used as fns. Even though I'm particular about a lot of names like Maggie, Abbie, Winnie etc. being nns instead of full names. Sooo, you could do Dorothy or Dorothea nn Daisy. I think that Dorothea is beautiful & sophisticated. I also *love* Fiona Daisy from your list.

Hope this helps.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Daisy, Clementine, Greta, Eleanor, Adeline, Felicity

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Julian, Shiloh, Nolan

I love Daisy. I think it ages very well. I recently met a Daisy at my doctor's office--a phlebotomist in her 40s. It was nice seeing it on someone who was professional and grown up! I love it as a middle name too and almost chose it for our daughter (either as a first or middle).
    Mama to Beatrix

Current favorite:
    Winifred Daisy Dot

Dorothy Belle ۰ Mabel Violet ۰ Frances Eloise
    Winifred Daisy ۰ Rosemary Alice ۰ Louisa May
    Josephine West ۰ Prudence Marigold ۰ Harriet Ruby ۰ Pippa Lavender

Archie Theodore ۰ Linus Arthur ۰ Casper Milo
    Ernest George ۰ Harry Oscar ۰ Fritz Albert
    August Rowan ۰ Rex Barnaby ۰ Reuben Leo ۰ Alfie Rupert

Daisy has a lovely vintage flair; so I can imagine her on all ages. I know several people of various ages (ranging from five to almost thirty) named Daisy, though it's been pretty popular/well known for quite a long time here. I have Daisy Lucia on my own list - and from your combinations I'm loving Charlotte Daisy and Caroline Daisy the most; but they're all lovely!
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    &
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Eden + Eilish + Indira + Linus
    GP Crushes: Azalea + Valeria + Oriana + Ossian + Cassander

Daisy is such a sweet, fresh and sunny name. I prefer it in a middle spot, but it strikes me as nice in a first-name spot too.

Daisy is darling!

I am seriously loving Caroline Daisy.

I personally prefer it in the middle name spot because I like names that are a little more versatile in the first name spot.

That being said, with all the “cutesy” first names you hear nowadays, Daisy definitely stands above them.
    Mama to V!v!an + Nor@h

Petra Josephine--June Octavia-Rosanna Camille-Annemarie James-Margot Hanna-Caroline Sawyer

Jasper Elias-Harvey James-Silas Patrick-Drake Ennis-Miles Birch-Rafe Jameson-Drew Cedar

Daisy Gatsby actually looks adorable though
    Delete this account, dont like my username.

I really like Daisy! I've known an older Daisy and it suited her fine! With names like Maisie, Edie, Elsie, Evie on the rise too, i dont think a Daisy will sound out of place either.
    Matilda Daisy and Anna Daisy are cute though!

Also, for what it's worth, I think Daisy in the Great Gatbsy is often unfairly judged...

Another idea could also be Adelaide 'Daisy'?
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

I do think that Daisy has a 'flimsy' feel about her. She's sweet and cutesy, but not very strong.

That being said, there a lots of little Daisy's running about nowadays, and one day it may be completely ordinary to meet a Daisy in any profession.
    Sienna Elsie|Eden Olivia|Lyra Isabella|Cora Eloise|Thea Ivy|Lila Iris| Ivy Winter|Lydia Kate

Ramsey Flynn|Finnegan Reid|Wilder Elliott|Reid Valentine|Flynn Shepherd|Atlas James|Nolan Alexander|Greyson Wilder|Edmund Fox|August Wolf|Sullivan Wyatt