Menu

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Welcome @zibby and @bexbox so nice to see this thread getting busier!

I also got to see my little one for the first time yesterday and my dd is confirmed as 7th April! Was so lovely and reassuring to see a healthy, wriggly baby on that screen!IMG_20190925_123402036~2.jpg
    Proud Mummy to Jude Barnaby
    ~ 9th March 2018 ~

Thanks for the welcome scillyellie! What a beautiful little ultrasound! Thanks for sharing

I've had a couple of scans when bebe was a blob but have a 12 week scan on Friday - can't wait!
    Tara Cecilia (2017)
    Baby brother on the way (2020)
    Let the naming games begin...

A big and warm hello to all of the newcomer expectant mamas! @bexbox, @coccinella, @barelyhailey I have added you to the due dates master list in the first thread post. @Zibby, what's your due date so I can add you too?

Well, I'm going on 13 weeks now, morning sickness ended up being a bit of a nightmare and the fatigue too, especially having to run around Rue and Wilhelmina who are as hyper as ever. Willa is walking and climbing the stairs like a champ and for all that she is quiet she is a sneaky menace, lol. Luckily the vomit and nausea seems to be over now, though the fatigue persists as well as a bit of heartburn, so I'm currently avoiding more sour and acid foods.

I've been away for a while because we've been slowly getting the hang of the older kids' school and extracurricular schedules, and now I feel like I can breathe a little better. Husband was promoted at work which is something to celebrate as it translates to raise and he'll be able to work from home once a week, which should help me with a bit of the load. I've taken on a few of my old university students to advise with their master's thesis and that's fun, it means I have to read about grown-up stuff and have something to do other than childcare and housework though it's completely pro-bono as I'm not the titular advisor, it's more a personal and informal arrangement. I really miss working and teaching, so hopefully when this baby is a little bigger I'll find a way to go back to the lecture halls and classrooms even if just parttime.

All in all, the baby is thriving and growing as should be, the heartbeat is good and the tests were all good, nothing to worry about which I'm thankful for. We have scheduled the anatomy test for November 15th so that is something to look forward to. The kids along with their friends and some family members have a bet going on, 5 votes for girl and 12 votes for boy... My husband said he dreamt that baby was a boy, but I have no strong feelings either way yet.

What about you ladies? Do you have a stronger preference in terms of baby's sex or is your intuition telling you anything?
    april lady on the way
    euphemia pearl - chrysanthemum clara - gardenia cleo
    zenobia blossom - octavia tigerlily - agnes periwinkle

the ones that got away:
    arthur almond - otto rainforest - ulysses wren
    louis huckleberry - jude oleander - sebastian laurel

enamoured with:
    opal - iolanthe - amaryllis - forsythia
    frida - belphoebe - ophelia - clementine

"in the end we'll all become stories"
    - margaret atwood

Hi, I've been AWOL for a while but things are still great! Although my due date has changed since my 12 week scan, I'm due 11th April now if possible to change in the OP. Welcome to all the newcomers!

My scan was last week and it went great, baby is healthy and my blood test results came back this morning and I'm low risk for Down's, Edward's and Patau's. So all great overall. My anatomy scan is on 29th November, which really isn't that far off at all! I am hoping for a girl but I think it's a boy lol. I have a cold which is making me miserable but I think my nausea is starting to (finally) lighten up a little, although I feel out of whack being ill anyway so we'll find out when my cold clears up. It's wearing me out even more, especially because all I've been taking is Soothers for my cough and Lucozade when I feel crappy. I don't really want to take paracetamol so I am trying to power through with nothing but Olbas oil. Oh well!

Has anyone bought anything yet? All I've got is a "hello - I'm new here!" baby grow which I bought just after I had my scan, and my friend is posting me an electric pump but nothing else yet. I'll be 14 weeks on Saturday so I think I can start, but I don't know if it's too early to be getting stuff. The big stuff is gonna wait until after Christmas because money is tight, but I want to get everything else done ASAP.

¸•°˚ˆ*♥∗¸¸.•☆ღ¸

baby boy coming 11/04/20

Hello! I’ve been very busy as exams are coming up next month (unfortunately) so between school, work and baby I haven’t had much time to myself. Trying to stay optimistic though! I signed up for this My scan will be on Oct 18 when I am exactly 12 weeks.

We aren’t really fussed on the baby’s gender but I’m pretty sure my fiancé is hoping for a girl as that is what his intuition is telling him. We haven’t bought anything yet actually because we’re not sure where to start, but we have received a few gifts from friends!
    Last edited by coccinella; October 9th, 2019 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Got date of scan wrong - pregnancy brain, oops!

Thanks for the welcome!

@lovelace, I'm due June the 1st, but it's yet to be confirmed!
    ♂Jem Dashiell
    ♀Lou Magdalena
    +EDD 01/06/20

Gwen Ursula. Aya Emmeline. Una Guinevere. Nell Theodora

Sol Felix. Kit Bartholomew. Ray Valentine. Zev Solomon

Hey all! We are having twins!! They are dichorionic diamniotic which means they are completely separated and have their own placentas and amniotic sacs, etc. Both look fine and healthy! So incredibly happy!!

That is some huge news, congrats!!

¸•°˚ˆ*♥∗¸¸.•☆ღ¸

baby boy coming 11/04/20

Hi ladies,

Coming to join you at 14.1 weeks and due 19th of April. Hope pregnancy is treating you all well and looking forwards to sharing this ride with you all.

Anna

@anna3891, welcome!

@eireann, thank you so much! I’m still in shock haha

My anatomy scan is scheduled for December 13. I’ve been feeling fine except for the fact that I pee A LOT. (TMI?? sorry!!) I also get a some bouts of nausea here and there but not that major compared to what I experienced in the early first trimester. I’m really thankful that this pregnancy has been really smooth so far because apparently my cousin (who is a bit older than me but had a baby at my age) was getting really sick and had to defer uni for a year. I’ll be out of uni by the time bubs are born, but I did want to do postgraduate work so I guess that’ll have to wait lmao. Also! It’s obvious now that I’m pregnant, probably because it’s getting warmer and therefore harder for me to hide under layers haha
    Last edited by coccinella; December 2nd, 2019 at 09:01 AM.