Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Slightly revamped boy list

Hi everyone.

What are your thoughts on my boy list? There are a few newish additions. I aspire to use D, A or P initials somewhere to honor lost loved ones. (David, Albert & Pauline.)

Colm David

Ewan David

Albert David-This is new to my list. Albert was my Paw Paw's name. I love the nn Alfie. Does that work?

Finn David-I think that I still love this. It's been on my list for seriously 21 years. And then I married an Irish guy, so that worked out!

Julian David

Gibson David-I think I like this, & I know that I love the nns Gib & Gibby. This is kind of a double honor to my dad, David, because Gibson is after his favorite baseball player.

Nolan David

Shiloh David

Solomon David-My great grandfather was Sol (just Sol, I believe.) I really like Sol. I don't like Solomon as much, but dh really does & I prefer to use a more formal name anyway.

Feel free to suggest anything that you think I may like. Thanks a lot!
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Daisy, Clementine, Greta, Eleanor, Adeline, Felicity

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Julian, Shiloh, Nolan

Favourite is Gibson, for sure.

What about Albert nickname Albie?
    Solomon nickname Solly?

My favourite from your list would be Finn David. I like Finn best of the firsts myself, and I also like that it's lasted the test if time for you, having been on your list for decades. Julian is probably my second favourite.

Gaia . Atlas . Freyja . Emrys . Aviva . August . Juno . Freyr . Ariadne . Octavian . Sarai . Dawson . Nimue
    Ambrose . Sunniva . Aurelian . Artemisia . Hawthorne . Idony . Jesper . Leocadia . Peregrine . Amity . Wren
    Juniper . Ari . Adelaide . Tadhg . Ianthe . Jessamy . Galateia . Blythe . Noa . Malachy . Athena . Atticus

Colm David -i love the classic yet soft feeling of it!

Ewan David -love it, slightly unexpexted and brilliant

Albert*David- I like it, classic but distinct. Alfie could work though I'd expect an f in the middle maybe? Albert Phillip 'Alfie'? Albert Frederick? Albert Finn/Finley? Albert David works though!

Finn*David-I like it a lot -modern yet well established

Julian*David -i like Julian and they flow well

Gibson*David- distinctive, interesting and a nice way of honouring

Nolan*David -Nolan is great!

Shiloh*David - i like Shiloh for a boy a lot. It has such a great sound.

Solomon*David - Solomon is great but i think Shiloh could have the nn and honour Sol too

I'll suggest
    Callum
    Ezra
    Saul
    Ross
    Alfred
    Albion
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

Thank you!

I don't like Albie as much for some reason, even though it makes more sense. I do love Solly...or Soley? Maybe Solly does look better.

Thank you!

I totally thought about Albert Finlay nn Alfie, but I'd just really want to do Albert David since they're two family names.

I never thought of Shiloh nn Sol. That's interesting. Dh loves Solomon, but said Shiloh reminds him of silo....not sure what's wrong w/that anyway, LOL.

Thank you!

Most of my tons of little nephew's have Gaelic names, & a few of them have almost been Finns. It'd be fun to have one in the family. I remember reading a baby name book when I was 14 on a family road trip & falling in love w/Finn; LOL.

Oh, also I love Cal & Callum (or Calum, maybe more.) I just don't love it as much as Colm, but it seems a lot better for real life in the midwest U.S.

My favorite combos on your list are Gibson David and Julian David! Gib is an awfully cute nickname and I love the softness of Julian. I think Jude would be a sweet nickname. I also love Finn but I don't think Finn David flows as well. Do you like longer forms such as Finnian or Finnegan?

I like Albert and Alfie separately but I'm not sure that Alfie necessarily makes sense as a nickname. I think you could use it, but it definitely isn't intuitive.

I agree with the above suggestion of Shiloh nn Sol! It gets you the nickname without using a name you don't like as much. If you feel like Sol isn't a full name, have you considered the spelling Saul? Same sound, different spelling, and I think it stands alone better as a full first name.

Also, if you ever find that David doesn't quite flow, would you consider Davison or Dawson as alternatives? Finn Davison is a great combo.

Thank you for the reply!

I do love Jude too. My mom is a HUGE Beatles fan (hence why my name is Michelle), so that would be a cool thing for our family. I do like Finnian a lot, but love the simplicity & rough and tumble boyish sound of just Finn. Finnian David does flow better though. I also love Finn Dawson!

Albert nn Alfie doesn't make that much sense; dh hates Alfie anyway.

Are Saul & Sol the same? I always figured Sol sounds like owl & Saul sounds like Paul. Dh is named Paul, so maybe it'd be too rhymey either way.

Thanks again!