Menu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I don’t have kids, and I’m still in college. Right now it will completely depend on what happens with my life. I’ve been dating the same guy for a few years now, and if all goes well and we’re still together, I’d say I want kids around 26-27. If we don’t stay together, I doubt I’d find another guy and get married by then. Ideally I just wants kids before I’m 30, but who knows!

Little Laddies
    Asa Peregrine Jude
    Jasper Leo Augustin
    Bruno Sebastian Wilde
    Arthur Jules Hawthorn

Little Lassies
    Sylvie Ada Juniper
    Thea Marigold Noor
    June Eliza Primrose
    Etta Wildflower Jane

Ideally I’d like to have at least 1 kid before or when I’m 30, preferably once I get a job and more settled, which I’m hoping will be sometime in my late 20s. I’m preparing to be a single parent, so I’m allowing for time to research into options a good few years in advance too.
    Jam|21|Fangirl|Budding bioarchaeologist?|All bi myself hehe|Future mummy
    Dreaming of...
    Pandora Beatrix FaeCaspian Sherlock Walter • Artemis Valkyrie ClioPtolemy Lysander George
    Horatio Arthur • Nikolai Emrys • Prosper Kit • Ephraim Atticus • Cedrick Hugo • Ambrose Sage
    Evanthe Cherry • Zenobia Sahar • Morgana Hermione • Marigold Lyra • Lavender Athena • Calista Autumn
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end.”

In my final year of schooling, I was voted by my peers "Most likely to have the most children" I think my teenage plans were: married at 22, first child 24, and a child every 2 years until I was done

In reality, I dated a guy from 19, married at 25, diagnosed with cancer, ivf, beat cancer, marriage failed at 27, donated embryos... met new guy, first bubba at 34 and pregnant again now. Will be 37 when this one comes along, all going well.

So much for plans hey! But I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. My current partner is absolutely my soul mate, 100% to the end of time. I'm so glad he's my daughter's (and this one's!) dad. And I think I make a heck of a better mama now than I would have in my 20's. Not the case for everyone. But for me in hindsight, PHEW!
    Tara Cecilia (2017)
    Baby brother on the way (2020)
    Let the naming games begin...

For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a mama. I had my daughter at 22, and it was an excellent age for me: solid relationship, good chunk of savings, owned a home.
    Remy Madeleine ~ 15.02.2018
    [pets: Bella, Lexi, Melissa, Cash]

Romilly | Charlotte | Scarlett | Evie | Adrienne
    Schuyler "Sky" | Declan | Rowan | Emery | Ezra

I always joked that I wanted to be 23 because that's the age my mother was when she had me, and my grandmother was having my mum. I've always wanted kids and genuinely wanted and thought I would have them somewhere between 19-23. I'm 24 next month.

I started ttc-ing with my ex when I was 20. I have PCOS and it just wasn't happening. It was such a hard time to go through, but it was bittersweet as that relationship ended. I already owned a house and had a stable job, I was engaged and so I thought the baby was next. I didn't even consider whether I was happy or not (which I wasn't.)

Whilst I'm glad I didn't have a child with my ex, I am constantly mourning the loss of my dream to be a young mum. I know I am still young. But to me, that 19-23 bracket was when I definitely wanted my first child, and now I'm outside of that bracket I just feel...like I don't know whats next. At first I told myself to live each day as it happens, but unfortunately I don't have a very positive view of the future.

Was I ready to have a child then, if I had been with the right person? I think so. Originally, I thought perhaps not, since I struggle to look after myself most days. But the reason for my struggle is because I don't feel as though I have a purpose - no reason to get up in the morning. If I had my own little person, my life would be devoted to them. I would do everything and anything to make sure they were safe, happy, and healthy. I think (and my mum always tells me this too,) that it really could have been the making of me.
    Last edited by carysmarie; September 28th, 2019 at 10:07 PM.
    Sienna Elsie|Eden Olivia|Lyra Isabella|Cora Eloise|Thea Ivy|Lila Iris| Ivy Winter|Lydia Kate

Ramsey Flynn|Finnegan Reid|Wilder Elliott|Reid Valentine|Flynn Shepherd|Atlas James|Nolan Alexander|Greyson Wilder|Edmund Fox|August Wolf|Sullivan Wyatt

If you'd asked me when I was 19 / 20, I'd probably have said "as soon as possible". However, now, I'm more than happy with just me and my hubby. Our TTC plan is late next year, so I'll be nearly 28, which is a great age as far as I'm concerned. Had my 20s for me, and now 30 will be for family.
    27 years young // Wifey since 2017 // TTC late 2020
    Loves: tea, spring time, books, and gardening!

Persephone | Mercedes | Kalliope
    Endelyon | Saoirse | Xanthippe

Othello | Atlas | Peregrine
    Onyx | Roman | Bowen | Casper

I'm 21 at the moment and I want to adopt/ foster but honestly I can't see that happening any time soon. I still feel like a total baby! aha.

Best thing about adoption is that we can adopt children pretty late, especially as we're actually more keen on the older kids. So who knows, perhaps in my 40s :-D