Menu

Names for sister of Charlotte and Otto

Expecting a baby girl in December, older siblings are Charlotte Grace and Otto Jacob.

We like Marigold Jean, but not sure it “fits”. Opinions or new name ideas? Would like to keep Jean as middle name after DH’s grandmother.

Congratulations! Marigold Jean is a lovely choice for your baby girl. Jean is one of my favourite middles names.

I think Marigold Jean works with her older siblings. I like how they all have the letter "o" in their names, it makes them look quite cohesive. They aren't exactly the same styles but they are very much compatible. The only thing that actually bothers me is the flow. The "d" at the end of Marigold doesn't flow well into the "j" in Jean. Not a deal breaker by any means, especially if you love the name.

Some other first name ideas you might like: Matilda Jean, Veronica Jean, Lucinda Jean, Dorothy Jean, Stella Jean, Hazel Jean, Alice Jean, Tessa Jean, Louella Jean, Silvia Jean, Esther Jean

Hi there.

I think that Marigold is perfect w/Charlotte & Otto. It's feminine & old fashioned like Charlotte, but has a little bit of unique spunk like Otto.

Other suggestions:

Annabelle

Azalea

Beatrice

Beatrix

Eloise

Frances

Georgia

Magnolia

Mabel

Penelope

Pearl

Hope this helps.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Daisy, Clementine, Greta, Eleanor, Adeline, Felicity

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Julian, Shiloh, Nolan

Charlotte and Otto are great and I think Marigold is very sweet with them! Some others that might work (sorry for any repeats):

Amelia
    June/Juniper
    Violet
    Maeve
    Frida
    Vivian
    Iris
    Freya
    Luella
    Magnolia
    Ivy
    Phoebe
    Amelie
    Thea
    Harriet
    Evelyn
    Saskia
    Margot
    Theodora
    Matilda
    Olive
    Scout
    India
    Chiara
    Alba
    Marlowe
    Lillian
    Xanthe
    Aurora

I think Charlotte, Otto and Rosalie would sound great together.

Hi, first of all I love Marigold Jean. A slightly different style but I think it totally works. Second, I love these suggestions from previous posters: Rosalie, Matilda, and Pearl. I just noticed my two suggestions below were already mentioned so I guess I'm seconding those as well!

Third, my suggestions. I'm a word nerd and noticed your kids both have "ot" in them. Probably coincidental but if you wanted to keep that random link then how about Dorothy or Margot?

Margot Jean -- I love this name but it has the same end sound as Otto so maybe not the best....

Dorothy Jean -- nn could be Dottie. however some Charlottes go by Lottie.....
    personally I think Lottie and Dottie are cute together!

Anyway Marigold is truly great, with other faves being Rosalie, Matilda, and Dorothy.