Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Top 15 for each gender

These are my current top 15 male and female names. This is my first time doing this so opinions are gladly welcomed.
    Last edited by valeria8888; July 29th, 2019 at 11:07 PM.
    Valeria | Top 15

Girls:

Adelaide Philomena*Bella Josephine*Celia Rosemary*Cleo Geneviva*Danica Finch*Darcy Juniper*Delilah Meredith*Eloise Inzhu*Emmeline Susannah*Evangeline Pomona*Linnea Lilac*Jessamine River*Miriam Willow*Sybil ?*Talia Maxine

Boys:

Alexei Andreas*Alfonso Wade*Asa Wolf*Bowie Scott*Calvin Dashiell*Casey Balthazar*Eli Buchanan*Gabriel Viridian*Jeremiah Woodrow*Klaus Adriano*Leonardo Ambrose*Malachi Vander*Marshall Winston*Nikita Erasyl*Samwell Ulysses

Hello!! I absolutely love the combinations of Ottilie Marin and Theodora Finch. For me the combo of Kaia Penny is too abrupt and doesn't flow well, even though I like each name individually. I also am picky with combos that have similar repeating sounds like Clara Rosabel. The rest are nice!

For boys my naming style is more along the lines of Calvin Rhys and Elliot James so I love those! The rest are nice, just not my style. I think Roosevelt Wolfgang is too "heavy" of a name if that makes sense. Thanks for sharing your top 15s!

I'll give some thoughts on each and maybe suggest any tweaks that come to mind - but feel free to ignore those

Leona Juniper - I like the brave, classic yet on trend feel of Leona with lively Juniper! Leonie Juniper or Leora Juniper would be sweet too

Theodora Finch - i like the alliterative sounds and the short punchy feel of Finch after grand Theodora!

Castalia Poe - I've never come across Castalia before. It's intersting. Poe is sweet and literary. Cerelia Poe might be nice too

Aris Calixta - this feels celestial but rugged. I like it

Bohemia Sonnet -so whimsical and poetic!

Jillian Liberty - quite nice and unexpected, though something about it throws me slightly. Jillian Victorie, Gillian Liberty? Jillian Saoirse, Jillian Free, Jillian Pax? Jean Liberty? I also thought of suggesting Jubilee as a mix of both names

Kaia Penny -love it!! Kaia is sharp and beautiful, Penny is vintage , warm and sweet. They balance each other nicely

Miriam -love Miriam, not a big fan of Dallas but they flow well together!!

Tesla Maxine -Tesla might have to grow on me, but Tesla Maxine feels sleek and a fashionable

Clara Rosabel - classic but with something southern about it. It's cute!

Ottile Marin - i prefer Ottilie. Ottilie Marin would be stunning! It feels so full of flair

Selia Primrose -is this seh-lee-uh or see-lee-uh? For the latter i prefer Celia but the sounds of the combo are lovely!! The former would be interesting too and Primrose really fits

Edith Benjamina - Edith is strong yet sweet and Benjamina is unexpected and interesting! Edith Wilhelmina or Edith Jemima would be cute too

Harmonia Coralie -this sounds so mythical and cool, i like it

Cressida Xanthe -wow!! Stunning, brightand pretty

Everest Haiku -love the grandeur of Everest while it also feels soft and gentle. Haiku is interesting! Never considered it before but im liking it here

Finnick Ocean -the imagery and sounds are amazing!

Calvin Rhys - neither are my fave but together they sound great!!

Remus Angelo -so unexpected but lovely

Magnus Delfino -love the mix of sounds and feels -the rocky Magnus with the smooth, watery Delfino!

Sebastian Reef -lovely!! It has great imagery and feels so cohesive

Moses Octavian - not a big fan of Moses but these two flow well together

Lukas Damian -feela dark, mysterious and intersting

Elliot James -there's a nice simplicity to this though feels quitw different to other names on yoir list if that bothers you? Elliot Jasper or Elliot Judah might be nice too

Roosevelt Wolfgang -nms and a little much for me, sorry

Travis Woodrow -interesting! Travis feels modern and Woodrow is so clunky and unexpected yet really works

Indigo Bright -i do really enjoy the sounds though it feels a tiny bit descriptive? Maybe a swap could be Dawson Bright and Indigo Clarke. Or Caleb Bright and Indigo Wyatt? Indigo Knox might be nice too

Dawson Clarke -very cohesive and stylistically matched

Ezekiel Morgan -im not a big fan of Ezekiel, sorry

Caleb Wyatt -grounded but cool
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

@kittylitter Thank you so much for your suggestions. I also wasn’t really sure about Roosevelt Wolfgang.

@greyblue Thank you! I agree about Jillian Liberty. There is a lot of Ls. Does Jillian Patience or Jillian Justice sound any better? Ottile was a misspelling. Ottilie was what I meant. Thanks for pointing it out. Selia is see-lee-uh. Indigo Bright was meant to be Indigo Brighton, but I guess I forgot to write the -ton part. Last, but not least, Roosevelt Wolfgang did feel a little bit much for me, but I couldn’t think of anything else. Suggestions?
    Last edited by valeria8888; July 30th, 2019 at 06:49 AM.
    Valeria | Top 15

Girls:

Adelaide Philomena*Bella Josephine*Celia Rosemary*Cleo Geneviva*Danica Finch*Darcy Juniper*Delilah Meredith*Eloise Inzhu*Emmeline Susannah*Evangeline Pomona*Linnea Lilac*Jessamine River*Miriam Willow*Sybil ?*Talia Maxine

Boys:

Alexei Andreas*Alfonso Wade*Asa Wolf*Bowie Scott*Calvin Dashiell*Casey Balthazar*Eli Buchanan*Gabriel Viridian*Jeremiah Woodrow*Klaus Adriano*Leonardo Ambrose*Malachi Vander*Marshall Winston*Nikita Erasyl*Samwell Ulysses

I have a few new combination ideas for Roosevelt:
    Roosevelt Chase
    Roosevelt Solace
    Which flows better?
    Also, how does Ellis James sound? Does it have to many Ss?
    Last edited by valeria8888; July 30th, 2019 at 07:36 AM.
    Valeria | Top 15

Girls:

Boys:

Jillian Justice is great! I'll suggest Jillian Mercy too

Indigo Brighton is cool! I like it

Roosevelt Wolf would be nice? Or Roderick Wolfgang? Rory Wolfgang?

Roosevelt Chase is cool! A nice mix of relaxed and grand.
    Roosevelt Charles, Roosevelt Gage or Roosevelt Gabe came to mind

Ellis James sounds great! Not too many S's imo
    Last edited by greyblue; July 30th, 2019 at 07:57 AM.
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

@greyblue Those are great suggestions! Shortening Roosevelt Wolfgang to Roosevelt Wolf is actually amazing, but I don’t know if I like the sound of it as much more than the sound of Roosevelt Chase. I think I like both equally. I just can’t decide which I like better. I’m sorry I just don’t like the name Gage or Gabe. I like Gabriel but not Gabe. I don’t really like Charles as a middle, too. It’s a good first name though. I think I’ll change Elliot to Ellis. I was worried there were too many Ss, but I guess not. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by valeria8888; July 30th, 2019 at 09:44 AM.
    Valeria | Top 15

Girls:

Boys:

How about instead of Ezekiel Morgan it’s Wolfgang Morgan? Wolf/Wolfie are two really cute nns. Then Roosevelt Wolfgang would be most likely changed into Roosevelt Chase unless I like another name more, but Chase is sort of an honor name for me so probably not. I mean honor in the sense of there are at least two fictional characters I like with that name.

Also, sorry for commenting so much about this. I’m just really indecisive. I even changed Lukas Damien to Lukas Lesedi.
    Last edited by valeria8888; July 30th, 2019 at 12:04 PM.
    Valeria | Top 15

Girls:

Boys:

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts:

Leona Juniper-I can't say that I personally love Leona, but I can't pinpoint why. I'm obsessed w/Fiona (my doggy's name!), but I think Leona reminds me of a cranky old lady. It may be a personal association. It's really a perfectly fine name. It's different, yet not complicated. Juniper is an adorable mn too.

Theodora Finch-Lovely! Somebody on here (maybe you?) mentioned Finch as a fn before. I thought that it sounded a little boyish, but as a mn for Theodora it's perfect. Theodora is such a strong name. And then it has the sweet nn of Thea.

Castalia Poe-Hm. I'm not familiar with this name. It sort of just reminds of of castor oil.

Aris Calixta-This is kind of nice. Not my style, but not awful. The mn is a little odd for my taste.

Bohemia Sonnet-I don't know about this. The word bohemian has such a strong association, that it seems weird to put that on a person. Sonnet is a cool mn.

Jillian Justice-I'm not a huge fan of Jillian, but it's not awful. A little Jill may be cute. Not a huge fan of the alliteration here though. Something like Jillian Primrose would be sweet.

Kaia Penny-I don't love Kaia, but it's perfectly nice. I adore Penny as a nn for Penelope. Is this a family name?

Miriam Dallas-Love Miriam! It's beautiful & ultra feminine yet strong & sophisticated at the same time. Just lovely. I don't like the mn Dallas though. It's way too boyish sounding w/the sweet Miriam.

Tesla Maxine-This is kind of a lot. My husband is obsessed w/Nikola Tesla, so I know that he was an important guy. Also kind of a whacko though...

Clara Rosabel|-Very cute. It doesn't sparkle, but it's nice.

Ottilie Marin-Ooh, pretty. This is unique & has a lovely sing songy sound to it.

Selia Primrose-I would love Celia Primrose. The 'S' spelling looks off.

Edith Benjamina-Edith is sweet. Charmingly vintage. I've never heard of Benjamina, but it flows well.

Harmonia Coralie-This is not my personal style, but it's not awful. Kind of a mouthful.

Cressida Xanthe-I'm not totally sure how to pronounce this. It doesn't look too pretty in my opinion, but it's different.

Boys:

Everest Haiku-This isn't bad, but just seems a bit pretentious.

Finnick Ocean-Kind of a cool combo. I love Finn, & other Finn names. My SIL was considering this for her last little guy (ending up being Eamon), & I kind of fell for it picturing it on a little rough and tumble guy.

Calvin Rhys-This is a nice distinguished combo. I adore the nn Cal.

Remus Angelo-I don't know about this. It sounds too nerdy, & I love nerdy names. The nn Remy would be cute though.

Magnus Delfino-Ooh, I love Magnus. Such a cool strong name, but also a little artsy. The mn is a bit odd, but I guess it works.

Sebastian Reef-This is handsome.

Moses Octavian-I really want to like Moses, but can't get into for some reason. Pretty cool combo.

Lukas Damian-I don't love this. Lukas is pretty over done, & this spelling may just confuse people. Damian just isn't my favorite.

Ellis James-This is nice. It's smart, handsome & gentle sounding. I can picture Ellis on an athlete pretty easily too. James is a classic.

Roosevelt Wolf-This is a bit much.

Travis Woodrow-This isn't bad. Kind of a cool cowboy feel.

Indigo Bright(on)-Hm. I love Indigo for a girl.

Dawson Clarke-This is nice. A bit like Travis; I can picture Dawson driving a tractor. In a cute way!

Ezekiel Morgan-It's not my favorite, but perfectly nice. It's different yet well known, & the nn Zeke is fun.

Caleb Wyatt-Nothing special, but perfectly fine. I do like Wyatt a lot; just a little tired of Caleb.

Hope this helps.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Daisy, Clementine, Greta, Eleanor, Adeline, Felicity

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Julian, Shiloh, Nolan

I like your style! Bohemia Sonnet, Ottilie Marin and Timothy James are my favourites.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    &
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Eden + Eilish + Indira + Linus
    GP Crushes: Azalea + Valeria + Oriana + Ossian + Cassander