Favourite A name of my list?

Please choose a favourite (or one you can tolerate the most) out of:

Amélie
    Aurora
    Athena
    Artemis
    Autumn
    Aphrodite

And also, out of the one you’ve picked, which do you feel goes best with Cathal?

Thank you

Amélie is my daughter’s name so it definitely gets my vote

Second favourite is Aurora.

I’ve never heard of the name Cathal but I don’t see why either name couldn’t work well with it.

I'm currently sifting through my long list of A names trying to condense it (all six of these names are on it!) and finding it quite difficult as they're all so lovely.

If I had these and these only to choose from to name my daughter, it'd definitely be between Athena, Artemis & Aurora. As Aurora is getting a little popular nowadays, I might then let that one go. Artemis is one I'm considering adding to my short list at the moment (though I am preferring Artemisia at the moment). Athena I just adore, it's different yet recognisable and fairly easy to spell and pronounce, and the mythological figure is beyond brilliant. If my own name didn't end in -ena, it would definitely by on my short list, and very high up it for that matter! So yes, that was my long winded way of saying ATHENA.

That said, with Cathal (assuming I'm correct in thinking the T silent...cuh-hul), I don't think Athena would work so well, as they both share that ATH, yet one is pronounced and the other is not, so that might cause confusion..? I actually think the best fit with Cathal from this list then, in both style and sound, is AURORA.
    Last edited by sunniva; July 29th, 2019 at 09:16 PM.

Gaia . Atlas . Freyja . Emrys . Aviva . August . Juno . Freyr . Ariadne . Octavian . Sarai . Dawson . Nimue
    Ambrose . Sunniva . Aurelian . Artemisia . Hawthorne . Idony . Jesper . Leocadia . Peregrine . Amity . Wren
    Juniper . Ari . Adelaide . Tadhg . Ianthe . Jessamy . Galateia . Blythe . Noa . Malachy . Athena . Atticus

I have always loved Autumn. So Autumn gets my vote.

I'm not sure how to pronounce Cathal so I really can't say what first name would sound best.

I would go with Autumn. It's an uncommon name but instantly recognisable. It looks and sounds lovely and evokes beautiful imagery of russet and golden leaves.

I think Autumn and Cathal pair well together. The styles don't clash because Autumn remains quite neutral. It doesn't have strong connections to a certain time period, history or culture unlike most of the names on your list. I think this gives you more options with middle names too. Autumn and Cathal also look and sound cohesive whilst remaining distinct.

Amélie followed but Autumn! I think both go with Cathal but Autumn goes a little better
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

Autumn! Lovely sound imagery!

I also think it goes best with Cathal. Followed by Aurora.
    Olive Margaret / 21.10.18

Ginny Florence
    Fay Marigold
    Cleo Seraphina
    -Edie-Delphi-Marcy-Fifer-Romy-Lauren-Alma-

Dustin James
    Grady Stefan
    Chester Maxwell
    -Edwin-Reggie-Lennox-Fergus-Murphy-Casper-

I adore Amélie, Athena, Aurora, and Autumn, but Artemis is my second favourite girls’ name, so I have to say she’s my favourite. I think Amélie probably goes best with Cathal though.
    Jam|21|Fangirl|Budding bioarchaeologist?|All bi myself hehe|Future mummy
    Dreaming of...
    Pandora Beatrix FaeCaspian Sherlock Walter • Artemis Valkyrie ClioPtolemy Lysander George
    Horatio Arthur • Nikolai Emrys • Prosper Kit • Ephraim Atticus • Cedrick Hugo • Ambrose Sage
    Evanthe Cherry • Zenobia Sahar • Morgana Hermione • Marigold Lyra • Lavender Athena • Calista Autumn
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end.”

Aurora, Athena, and Artemis flow the best with Cathal imo. Artemis and Aurora are personally my two favorites. I think you should go with Artemis though. It’s so unique and Artemis from Greek mythology can be really empowering for girls.
    Valeria | Top 15

Girls:

Adelaide Philomena*Bella Josephine*Celia Rosemary*Cleo Geneviva*Danica Finch*Darcy Juniper*Eloise Inzhu*Emmeline Susannah*Evangeline Pomona*Leona Sylvie*Linnea Lilac*Jessamine River*Sybil Clementine*Talia Maxine*Willow Birdie

Boys:

Alexei Andreas*Alfonso Wade*Asa Wolf*Bowie Scott*Calvin Dashiell*Casey Balthazar*Eli Buchanan*Gabriel Viridian*Jeremiah Woodrow*Klaus Adriano*Malachi Vander*Marshall Winston*Nikita Erasyl*Pascal Ambrose*Samwell Ulysses