Menu

Thread: Wells or Welles

Wells or Welles

Do you prefer the spelling Wells or Welles it’s an honor name for Lewellen. We kind of feel like Welles looks more complete but wonder if the simplified Wells would be better?
    Blessed Mommy to Lola Charlotte, Wade Everett, Ford Thomas and baby on the way
    ^^Matilda Jane^^

Current favorites:
    Girls: Georgia, Gwendolyn, Maisy/Maisie , Eliza, Tabitha, Hattie, Eloise, Lorelei, Phoebe, Rosalie, Felicity, Mae,
    Boys: Tobias, Jude, Charlie, Mack, Bennett, Elias, Thatcher, Jasper, Hampton, and Whittaker

I want to pronounce them differently. I personally would go with Wells. It will be the assumed spelling and clear on the pronunciation.

Henry Everett GrayJack Rowan AugustTheodore Milo AtlasOliver Bennett Wolf
    Charlotte Eliza BirdieSophie Anne LavenderPoppy Isobel Margaret

“A person’s a person, no matter how small”

heart my son
    • • • • • • • • •

Love this name! I too would go with the spelling Wells - I think Welles might confuse some people (though I don’t mind how it looks on paper).
    Opal Seraphine • Theodora Grace • June Olympia
    Mirabel Agnes | Penelope Adele | Dahlia June | Mercy Avalon
    Betty Lavender | Daisy Bronte | Valentina Lark
    ~
    Julius Auden • Raphael Isaac • Barnaby Jay
    Arthur Caius | Wilder Bram | Jem Xavier | Caspar Finn
    Xavier Roman | Axel Beaumont

From looks alone, I prefer Wells. I also think that choice is the most straightforward, in terms of spelling.
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

Thanks everyone
    We’ve had a harder time finding a boys name this time lol but Wells has been growing on us we just weren’t sure which spelling
    ^^Matilda Jane^^

Current favorites:
    Girls: Georgia, Gwendolyn, Maisy/Maisie , Eliza, Tabitha, Hattie, Eloise, Lorelei, Phoebe, Rosalie, Felicity, Mae,
    Boys: Tobias, Jude, Charlie, Mack, Bennett, Elias, Thatcher, Jasper, Hampton, and Whittaker

I think either one would work but I prefer Wells. It's simpler and most people would likely assume this spelling. Congrats to you, it's a great name and it goes great with the siblings I see in your signature!

Thanks everyone I was clearly overthinking it lol sounds like Wells is the way to go
    ^^Matilda Jane^^

Current favorites:

I saw that Wells is an honor for Lewellen - great choice! I just wanted to leave this name as well because I think it's cool/different and close to the name you want to honor: Llewyn.
    taylor.

current crushes

girl firsts: ruby, georgia, maxine, margot, olive, thea, gemma
    girl middles: florence, josephine, gray, theodosia, jubliee, gloria, emmanuelle
    -
    boy firsts: maxwell, shepherd, cormac, callan, sullivan, julian, everett, kit
    boy middles: salvatore, david, daniel, wilder, dean, schaeffer, gabriel