Menu

Thread: Zohar

Zohar

Almost 15 weeks to go until our baby arrives, and we're still not completely sure about the name. Baltasar is still our top runner, but lately we've been thinking about Zohar a lot... I'd like to hear your opinion. Is it too out there, or not? Would it go well with Hjörtur and possibly Baltasar, if we keep it on our list for a third baby and don't use it now? What about middle names?

Zohar has a lot going for it, in my mind. It's short and not too complicated, but different. Despite it being Hebrew it has a bit of an Icelandic/Scandinavian feel, especially with the -ar ending (like Ragnar, Gretar etc., all names I love). SO has Jewish heritage, so the fact that it's Hebrew is a nice connection to his family. And last but not least, it means brilliance or light, and this baby will be a light in our lives after a long, difficult time.
    So... What are your thoughts?
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & Barnabas Húni

Maximilian Óli * Matthias Hreinn * Vignir Ulysses * Nikolai Svani * Zalman Torfi
    Ondine Lilach * Lucinde Meital * Mareva Bluma * Lavinia Perle * Magdalene Dune

I really like it. Like you say, it's unique but simple and i think it fits well with both Hjörtur and Baltasar - i like how they all have the same ending and slightly rugged yet sophisticated feel.

Zohar Addai and Zohar Mattias would be nice!

Zohar Adlai, Zohar Vincent, Zohar Linus, Zohar Amos, Zohar Bruno, Zohar Ellis, Zohar Fenrir, Zohar Rex and Zohar Reinhart?
    Last edited by greyblue; July 27th, 2019 at 05:12 AM.
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Scout Elodie
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Thinking about...
    Tyra Mabel|Skye Miriam|Lois Winter|Anya Ottillie
    Quinn Barnaby|Silas Peregrine|Teddy Linus|Klaus Raphael

@greyblue: thanks. I like Zohar Adlai, Zohar Vincent, Zohar Linus and Zohar Ellis. Zohar Fenrir and Zohar Amos are nice too.
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & Barnabas Húni

Maximilian Óli * Matthias Hreinn * Vignir Ulysses * Nikolai Svani * Zalman Torfi
    Ondine Lilach * Lucinde Meital * Mareva Bluma * Lavinia Perle * Magdalene Dune

I love the name Zohar! I also think Baltasar works well with both names.

Since your first son has an Icelandic first name and Hebrew middle you could give Zohar an Icelandic middle?

Hjörtur Emmanuel and

Zohar Magnús
    Zohar Antóníus
    Zohar Fálki
    Zohar Ilías
    Zohar Kilían

Some more names if you like the idea.

Kassandra Renae
    +
    Philip Thomas

=
    First baby due February 2020

‐---------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Names I love but cannot use -

| Felix | Liam | Reuben | Arlo | Desmond | Ender |
    | Ambrose | Jasper | Mason | Stanley | Oliver |

| Amelia | Willow | Matilda | Rosemary | Melody |
    | Persephone | Emmalina | Athena | Evelyn |

I think Zohar is a really cool name with a lovely sentiment that goes well with Hjörtur and Baltasar! I like the above suggestions of Zohar Mattias and Zohar Addai. I also think having an Icelandic middle name would be a nice connection. I'm not super familiar with Icelandic names, but Zohar Björn, Zohar Adrían, and Zohar Elías sound nice to me.

I too think Zohar is a great name that would work really well with Hjörtur (and ). I like the meaning it has for you and I agree with the idea of potentially using an Icelandic middle for Zohar, to create balance in the sibset.

Baltasar or Zohar, this little guy will have a great name.

Gaia . Atlas . Freyja . Emrys . Aviva . August . Juno . Freyr . Ariadne . Octavian . Sarai . Dawson . Nimue
    Ambrose . Sunniva . Aurelian . Artemisia . Hawthorne . Idony . Jesper . Leocadia . Peregrine . Amity . Wren
    Juniper . Ari . Adelaide . Tadhg . Ianthe . Jessamy . Galateia . Blythe . Noa . Malachy . Athena . Atticus