Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brother to Alice

Hi!

Just found out I am having a boy and well....I dislike most boy names. I have 1 daughter named Al!ce E1ean0r, and she just came out as an Alice!

My husband likes classic names, and right now the only one we agree on is Henry. Its a solid choice to be sure, but I would like to have a healthy list in case this one comes out as something other than a Henry. Last name is two syllables, starts with U and rhymes with Hunger. Middle name will likely be Thoma$ Other name my husband finds acceptable is George.

Other names I like are: Elias, Perrin, Rhys, Nathaniel, Rowan, Alden, Charlie (hate Chuck and Charles so wondering about a grown man).

I dislike: Theodore, Noah, Lucas, Max, The Aiden/Brayden/Jadens, Presidential/Surnames, and the "-tons"

Help a mama out!

Why are you putting numbers in the names like that? Alice is such a pretty name.

Maybe these?

Benjamin
    Sean
    Harlan
    Sky

Charlie is cute, not fond of any nicknames besides chars but it doesnt go well with Thomas. Perrin Thomas sounds handsome, I love the name Perrin alot.

Good luck ♡
    Delete this account, dont like my username.

Alice Eleanor is lovely and Henry Thomas is fantastic with it! I don’t mind George but Henry is one of my favourite classic boy names and suits Alice so well. Another name that would be perfect in my opinion is Sebastian. Angus also popped into my mind and Rowan and Charlie are nice too.

Henry Thomas is great!! Henry was the first name that i thought of one seeing Alice

On your list, I like Nathaniel and Charlie (works fine on an adult)

Reuben
    Elliot
    Walter
    Walden
    Ezra
    Louis
    Peter
    Vincent
    Oscar
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

It looks like your husband likes classic and somewhat old fashioned names while you might prefer something a bit more modern. I think Henry is a great name to go with Alice, but here are a few that might work for you too.

Oliver
    Dean
    Oscar
    Maxwell
    Peter
    Harrison
    Frederick
    Levi
    Paul
    Alice Caroline 2016
    Clara Linda 2018
    Lucy Danielle 2019

My first thought from the title was George. I think Henry Thomas or George Thomas would be lovely!
    Felicity | Evangeline | Winifred | Elizabeth | Mae | Joan | Alice | Dorothy | Ingrid | Margery

William | Hugh | Conrad | Herschel | Ian | Barnaby | Isaac | Hugo | Lawrence | Barnabas | Donovan | Hubert

Before I saw your list I thought of Henry as the best option. Some others to consider just in case:

Gideon
    Simon
    Leo
    Jude
    Arden
    Daniel
    Edmund
    Graham
    Neil
    Patrick
    Hank
    Current Favorites
    Daisy Francis | Penelope Jane | Flora Louise
    Felix Klaus | Kit Elias | Jasper Sage | Sullivan Foster

Eira | Winnie | Bonnie | Phoebe | Belle | Adelaide | Fern | Hattie | Autumn
    Milo | Westley | Caspian | Bastian | Damon | Maxwell | Jude | Roger

Guilty Pleasures
    Edelweiss | Mercy | Ilona | Minnie | Pippin | Sacha | Clifford | Boone

*Italics = Honor Name

Love Alice and Charles Henry! Who doesn't love a Charlie? I would keep Charles as a proper name in case he needs it for professional circumstances. I would call him Charlie from the start. If anyone tries to call him Chuck, correct them right away. My son's name had several nn's that could have been used. When others tried to use them we corrected them. When he was older he was taught to gently say my name is __ please, and he would not listen to anyone that called him by another nn!

Many great suggestions already, I love Oliver, Graham and Peter

Here’s some I think haven’t been mentioned:
    Alfred
    Roger
    Randall
    Connor
    Hugh
    Percy
    Eugene (Gene?)
    Anthony
    Bernard
    Ernest