Menu
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Amerigo or Americo

I'm interested in either Amerigo or Americo for a boy. Four sylables is a lot, and I know it would inevitlbe be shortened, so I'm looking for American sounding nicknames either.

There is an Americo in my family and he goes by Rick, but I'm not wild about Rick.

Also, Americo would be pronounced ae-mer-EE-koh, not ah-ME-ree-ko. It's not pronounced like America with an O.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by steviemid; July 26th, 2019 at 11:47 AM.
    Victoria Libera ♥ Freya Gabrielle ♥ Althea Loren ♥ Callum Ailis ♥ Lydia Josephine ♥ Sienna Carmella

Noah Teague ♥ Aleksander Bruce ♥ Sebastian Leonardo ♥ Rylan Henry ♥ Salvatore Lorenzo ♥ Declan James

Americo could be shortened to Rico, and either could be shortened to Merry.

I prefer Amerigo as a full name. If you're looking for a name that lends to more nicknames then I would go with Americo. As PP said it could be shortened to Rico.. also it could be shortened to Meric (on here there's a Merrick, same pronunciation) which I think sounds cool.

This is my whole issue. I prefer Amerigo as well, but I cannot think of any nicknames.

But I do think Meric would work well. It could be even further shorted to Merc (I had a friend growing up named Mercadante, and he went by Merc).
    Victoria Libera ♥ Freya Gabrielle ♥ Althea Loren ♥ Callum Ailis ♥ Lydia Josephine ♥ Sienna Carmella

Noah Teague ♥ Aleksander Bruce ♥ Sebastian Leonardo ♥ Rylan Henry ♥ Salvatore Lorenzo ♥ Declan James

Yeah Merc works! As for Amerigo just out of curiosity would you plan on pronouncing it like America with go at the end or similar to how your would pronounce Americo?

The only nicknames I could think of for Amerigo are Merig , Rig, or Rigs. Mer or Merc could work too I'm sure.

Amerigo is what most people are used to and how they will want to spell it. As a person with a name that no one spells right, I would advocate going for that spelling.

As for NN
    Ames
    Merry
    Rigs
    Rigo
    Merc

and potentially using/combining with middle name choice. My brother, for example, is Mattias Gregory, and he prefers Tiger to Matt.
    Erik Elderkin
    Caedmon James
    Linnea Grace
    and
    Haakon Arthur coming soon

Yes it would be America with go at the end. Rigs is super cute for that! Thanks!

My vote goes to Amerigo and my favourite nicknames would be Ari & Aro (or Arrow). You could also use Argo, Mic, Amos or Rio, to give a further few yet-to-be-mentioned nickname ideas.

Just a quick note to say,
    I'm always up for a chat, so feel free to say 'Hey'!

I prefer Amerigo. Does the nickname have to be directly from his name? Plenty of people have nicknames that aren't connected to their name at all.
    rachel

Delilah - Camilla - Geneva - Ida - Valentine
    Ronan - Arthur - Gabriel - Clayton - Declan - Matthew - Bennett

It reminds me of America so I'm not a fan.

Maybe Amery instead..?
    Delete this account, dont like my username.