Eleanor Helena Ruth or Helen?!

Help! We can’t decide between

Eleanor
    Helena
    Helen
    Ruth
    Edith
    Rosaline

Her big brother is named Theodore and goes by Theo so we want a solid shortening or some sort of pet name. I like Nell/Nellie a lot and Rosie but aren’t sure about the others?

Thank you 😀

My favorite from your list is Edith "Edie"

We would have loved to have named our last baby Theodore, but, having already used Eleanor, it was off the table for us. Too similar in sound, and both famous Roosevelts. Just something to think about if this hasn't occurred to you!

Elizabeth Coralie "Libby" - 11.15
    Charles Alexander "Charlie" - 11.15
    Eleanor Iris "Nora" - 8.17
    Magnus George "Gus" - 8.18

I love Edith, so it is my favorite of your options. There is was also an Edith Roosevelt, but I don't think many people know that. I would avoid Eleanor with the brother name, but I like Helena as a way to get Nell.
    Ellen Virginia * Nancy Eleanor * May Genevieve * Celia Madeleine * Audrey Claire * Bess Emilia
    Nathaniel Francis * Leo Edmund * Benedict Henry * Virgil Blaise * Joseph Malachi * Timothy Jerome

Also Liking: OONA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Miranda Kate *
    Sybil Josephine * Edith Augusta * Catherine Ginevra * Molly Catriona *

I love both Eleanor and Edith!
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

Helena and Edith are my favorites! I agree that using both Eleanor and Theodore isn't necessarily desirable.
    rachel

Delilah - Camilla - Geneva - Ida - Valentine
    Ronan - Arthur - Gabriel - Clayton - Declan - Matthew - Bennett

I LOVE Eleanor nn Nell and, whilst I don’t adore Edith I do love Edie. Either would be great with Theodore! I’m not sure I’d let the Roosevelt reference put me off using Eleanor with Theodore if it was my favourite...

I really love Rosaline and Theodore, but I am a sucker for symmetry and those both have 8 letters each! Ha! Rose and Theo! Dang, so much symmetry. On the other hand I love the nn Rosie.

I also think Edith "Edie" would work well with Theo.

Kassandra Renae
    +
    Philip Thomas

=
    First baby due February 2020

‐---------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Names I love but cannot use -

| Felix | Liam | Reuben | Arlo | Desmond | Ender |
    | Ambrose | Jasper | Mason | Stanley | Oliver |

| Amelia | Willow | Matilda | Rosemary | Melody |
    | Persephone | Emmalina | Athena | Evelyn |

Helena "Nell" gets my vote. I say HELEN-uh myself, and prefer that pronunciation over others. This way you get to somewhat combine three of your favourites -- Helen, Helena & Nell -- into one name, so to speak. Theodore & Helena/Theo & Nell would make for a lovely sibling duo. I prefer Nella to Nell/Nellie myself, which would work well for Helena.

I'm not sure about Theodore & Eleanor together, both for the similar ending sounds as well as the Roosevelt association. I do think Edith works well with Theodore, and I really like the nickname of Edie, however, I do find Edith to be quite dated. Ruth is nice, though a little too plain perhaps next to Theodore, and Rosaline is nice, but I think the 'is it said LINE or LEEN' confusion would be something to be wary of - the nickname of Rose though would be lovely.

Gaia . Atlas . Freyja . Emrys . Aviva . August . Juno . Freyr . Ariadne . Octavian . Sarai . Dawson . Nimue
    Ambrose . Sunniva . Aurelian . Artemisia . Hawthorne . Idony . Jesper . Leocadia . Peregrine . Amity . Wren
    Juniper . Ari . Adelaide . Tadhg . Ianthe . Jessamy . Galateia . Blythe . Noa . Malachy . Athena . Atticus

Helena nn Nell or Edith nn Edie

Great options with Theodore
    Olive Margaret / 21.10.18

Ginny Florence
    Fay Marigold
    Cleo Seraphina
    -Edie-Delphi-Marcy-Fifer-Romy-Lauren-Alma-

Dustin James
    Grady Stefan
    Chester Maxwell
    -Edwin-Reggie-Lennox-Fergus-Murphy-Casper-