Menu

Thread: Lost Names

Lost Names

Are there any names that you loved and wanted to use but couldn't due to some reason?

I thought it would be interesting to see everybodies lost names.

I will start mine are
    Rehanna-
    because everyone would think I named my daughter after Rihanna and that association would forever come up!
    Amara-
    My absoulate favourite but already used in close family.

what are yours?
    Last edited by sabahk; July 24th, 2019 at 02:09 PM.
    ♀️♂️

I haven't even had kids yet, but Marlow and Atlas will be my main losses... Already veto'd by husband unfortunately...

Winston, Toby, Kai and Jasper -all used on pets
    Lucia/Lucille - too much like my cousin's name
    Reuben - too like my cousin's name
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

Mostly names of distant-ish relatives (close enough to have strong associations, but not close enough that I could honor): Jack, Lane, Magdalena, Casimir, (those two are more a matter of uniqueness). I also have cousins named Elizabeth, Alex, and Caroline, which are all common enough that I don't mind repeating, but I can only use one!
    Elizabeth Moira, Anna Jane Violet
    Cecily Andromeda “Lily”, Susannah Niamh "Sunny"
    Josephine Bea, Paloma Tamar “Lola”

Ciaran David Eugene, Ronin Michael
    Patrick Alasdair "Kit", Jonathan Meriadoc
    Aaron Nathaniel, Evan Wilder

Arianna - I loved this name when I was younger, when it was a very rare name here in the UK. Nowadays, I think the Ariana Grande association would come up constantly and people would assume it's spelled Ariana, which would bug me.

Mine are:

Anastasia - I have negative personal associations with the name but I love it; especially the Russian pronunciation.
    Eleanor - Oh, how I'd love to use Eleanor. Alas another bad apple has ruined the name for me.
    Lucy/Lucie - negative associations with both spellings. I was bullied a lot in secondary school so sadly a lot of names have bad personal connotations for me.
    Megan - same story!
    Lydia - and again.
    Zoe - Bad family associations - whilst I haven't had any dealings yet with this particular family member, almost every older relative has, especially her siblings, so I'd feel bad if I ever used Zoe, but it's a gorgeous name. She's now estranged from us so maybe I could get away with it in the future, but I wouldn't want to nevertheless.
    Charlotte - I have this as a middle name for Anneliese but it's my cousin's name and she's openly spoken about how she doesn't like relatives sharing the same name or middle name, and since we're pretty close to one another, I wouldn't want to make her feel awkward at all if I ever used it.
    Theresa - I like Theresa, but I now only think of the Maybot being a Brit, lol.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    &
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Eden + Eilish + Indira + Linus
    GP Crushes: Azalea + Valeria + Oriana + Ossian + Cassander