Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jensen for a girl?

What are your thoughts on the name Jensen for a girl? I know a lot of people people only see Jensen as a boy name, but it sounds feminine to me. I also know a lot of people hate names that are traditionally boy names for girls, but I’m fine with it. So I’m wondering if Jensen is too much of a “stretch” and everyone would assume she was a boy, and just what people think of the name?
    Names I’m Loving:

- Harlow Paige -
    - Anniston Marie -
    - Jackson Cole -
    - Luka Ford -
    - Clark Micheal-

I think it shares a lot of similarities with other unisex names - like Emerson, Addison, Avery, Logan or Mason - boyish and traditionally masculine but with sounds that link them to girls names and also the potential for girly nicknames. In Jensen's case, she could easily be a Jenna, Jeni, Jen, Jessie, JJ, or an Essie. I think it could work
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

I went to school with a female Jensen in high school, she seems to wear the name well enough. We were never friends, so I don`t know how she really got on in school with it, but I definitely think it works.
    haley.
    future little darlings

addison/ avery / aubrey / berkeley / blakely / brinkley / bristol
    cambrie / collins / destiny / ella / finley / gracelyn / hadley
    irelyn / jersey / journee / kamryn / kendall / laikynn / mckinley
    quinnlyn / remington / riley / sydney / tinley / waverly / zoey

This one is all boy to me, and I think people would definitely assume your child is a boy with the name Jensen.

However, if you like it who cares what people think? Essie or Jenny would definitely feminize it.
    Married to the love of my life. 6.4.17. Teacher, bibliophile and name nerd, Baby #1 arriving 3/2020

Current favorites: Clara Josephine, Jane Eila, Eleanor Mae,Benjamin Michael, Elliot Joseph, Theodore Henry

Benjamin Michael, Elliott Joseph, Theodore Bowie, Henry Luca, Gideon James, Charles Grayson

Clara Eleanor, Mae Josephine, Ada Francesca, Rose Victoria, Eloise Susannah, Selah Colette, Elodie Diana

Guilty Pleasures: Agatha, Auden, Hadley, Ellington and Tucker.

I went to school with a female Jensen. I like it!

I prefer it on a boy but I think it works well on any gender, so if you love it on a girl then go for it.
    Hufflepuff. PhD Student. Cat Lover.
    Alice Marigold | Lucas Avery | Eliza Ruth | Isaac Sebastian
    Liora. Ya'ir. Yehudit. Lavan.

Dearest, Darling
    Eira Solstice * Posy Elizabeth * Cleo Adelaide * Cynthia Mairead * Noa Felicity
    Ivy Siofra * Freya Juliet * Mira Frances * Rhea Natalie (Ree-ah)*

Sweet, My Love
    * Simon Alexander * Oscar William * Everett Morgan * Spencer Lewis * Edward Benjamin
    * Milo Benedict * Rory James * Hugo Timothy * George Tobio (Toby-oh)

I went to college with a woman named Jensen. It suited her well and I never thought it sounded like a male name.

All boy to me...
    If parents decide to choose a name from a certain culture, they must respect that culture and the gender for which the name was historically given

✯ A. forever in our hearts

I don't really like it on either gender, and would see it more as a boys name but I definitely think a girl could wear it well
    ~ HTB
    Current Favorites:
    Ariadne | Zoe | Magdalena | Calliope | Georgiana | Cecilia | Jane | Elizabeth | Marta | Petra

Linus | Basil | Jude | Jonas | Augustus | Thomas | Jasper | Augustine | Dimitri | Gus

Have a fabulous day!

I had a female Jensen in class a few years ago, so it feels pretty normal to me.