Menu

Opinion on these names?

I think Sophie, Lily and Charlotte are way too overused, and I would never use them personally.

Not a fan of Pippa, not that it seems dog-ish, it just isn't my style. Liv is also a bit too nickname-ish.

I like Isla in theory, but I feel like there could be pronunciation issues (Eye-la vs. Iz-la).

My favorites from these are Ivy and Quinn.
    Bjorn Knox
    Jasper Lorenz
    Dane Sylvan
    Titus Andrew
    Jonah Oliver
    Arlo Maxim

Seren Juniper Snow
    Celia Rosemary Jane
    Esme Opal Belle
    Signe Hazel
    Cleo Simone
    Arabella Wren

Sophie - I like Sophie. It's simple and sweet, but also very pretty
    Quinn - I go back and forth on this one. I'd love to meet a Quinn, but wouldn't use the name myself.
    Lily - Pretty, but definitely overused.
    Liv - I do like it but I probably would prefer to have a longer name and use this as a nickname.
    PhilippaPippa” - I've never liked Philippa. I don't like any of the outdated male-to-female names (Josephine, Harriet, etc.) Pippa has something endearing about it though.
    Charlotte - Love it! Yes, it's popular. But it's also very pretty.
    Isla - It's okay. Not a huge fan
    Ivy - Loving Ivy at the moment but I'm noticing lots of other people are too!
    Sienna Elsie|Eden Olivia|Lyra Isabella|Cora Eloise|Thea Ivy|Lila Iris| Ivy Winter|Lydia Kate

Ramsey Flynn|Finnegan Reid|Wilder Elliott|Reid Valentine|Flynn Shepherd|Atlas James|Nolan Alexander|Greyson Wilder|Edmund Fox|August Wolf|Sullivan Wyatt

Sophie - pretty, similar to the super popular Sophia (which is also a beautiful name)

Quinn - one of the few names that is truly unisex - I've known both male and female Quinns. I definitely prefer it on a boy, but it's not bad on a girl.

Lily - beautiful, but definitely popular (if you worry about that kind of thing). I definitely prefer longer form Lillian or even Liliana, but it is pretty regardless.

Liv - I know it's a name in its own right, but I always think of this as a nickname. Something about the v at the end makes it look incomplete to me.

PhilippaPippa” (too dogish) - This one looks clunky to me, especially next to your other favorites. It's not a bad name though.

Charlotte - similar to Sophie and Lily - definitely popular, but it's such a pretty and timeless name.

Isla - I love Isla. I much prefer the Hebrew spelling of Ella, but I know I'm in the minority on that one.

Ivy - never really seen the appeal of this one, but it's cute and simple.
    Married to the love of my life. 6.4.17. Teacher, bibliophile and name nerd, Baby #1 arriving 3/2020

Current favorites: Clara Josephine, Jane Eila, Eleanor Mae,Benjamin Michael, Elliot Joseph, Theodore Henry

Benjamin Michael, Elliott Joseph, Theodore Bowie, Henry Luca, Gideon James, Charles Grayson

Clara Eleanor, Mae Josephine, Ada Francesca, Rose Victoria, Eloise Susannah, Selah Colette, Elodie Diana

Guilty Pleasures: Agatha, Auden, Hadley, Ellington and Tucker.

Sophie - I like the soft but sweet feel of it, how it feels versatile too.

Quinn - sharp, modern and lively!

Lily - I enjoy the simplicity of Lily - clear and sweet

Liv - I know it is a stand alone name, but it always feels incomplete to me

PhilippaPippa” - clunky but sweet, vintage and cute - I like it

Charlotte - Charlotte is grand but grounded with versatile nickname potential

Isla - I enjoy the eye sounds and the vibrant feel of it

Ivy - vintage but fresh
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

Sophie, Lily, Charlotte, Isla - Overused. If I met one I'd just think "Oh, it's another ___"
    Quinn - Quite cute, though also quite tied to this era
    Liv - So sweet! Simple but beautiful
    PhilippaPippa” - My favorite! Not dog-like at all. Classy and spunky
    Ivy - Nice name, my third favorite after Phillipa "Pippa" and Liv
    💐💐💐
    ❤ Clementine Edith Pearl ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Gwendolen Bee • Heidi Rosemary • Lavender Belle
    Lettie Rosalind • Marguerite Joy 'Mae' • Rosamund Lane • Winifred Hope

❤ Lionel Forrest Jude ❤
    Clement Wilde 'Clay' • Clyde Peregrine • Edmund Wolfe • Fergus Frederick
    Percy Noble • Reuben Sage • Seamus Bear • Stanley Ocean