Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Cillian Alexander

I've been spitballing alot lately and came up with this combo. What are your thoughts on it? Are there too many Ls? Would Haytham Dorian and Cillian Alexander be a good sibset?

Also, which spelling of Cillian do you prefer? Killian or Cillian?
    Cody | 29 | U.K.

~Our Eaglet~
    Haytham Dorian - 09/05/2018

~The (Future) Nestlings~
    Arno Philip
    Laraline Thisbe | Luscinia Catherine

I like Cillian Alexander, but in my head, I'm pronouncing it as "sillian", not Killian.
    if it's pronounced like Killian, then I definitely like Killian spelling better.
    I also don't really like the name Haytham but love Dorian.

I like both Killian and Cillian. I personally would use the Cillian spelling as it’s softer to me and gets rid of the “Kill” look.

Little Laddies
    Asa Peregrine Jude
    Jasper Leo Augustin
    Bruno Sebastian Wilde
    Arthur Jules Hawthorn

Little Lassies
    Sylvie Ada Juniper
    Thea Marigold Noor
    June Eliza Primrose
    Etta Wildflower Jane

I usually like K names but with this one Cillian looks much more handsome and you also don't have 'kill' at the start of his name. Cillian Alexander is very handsome.
    Sienna Elsie|Eden Olivia|Lyra Isabella|Cora Eloise|Thea Ivy|Lila Iris| Ivy Winter|Lydia Kate

Ramsey Flynn|Finnegan Reid|Wilder Elliott|Reid Valentine|Flynn Shepherd|Atlas James|Nolan Alexander|Greyson Wilder|Edmund Fox|August Wolf|Sullivan Wyatt

Cillian Alexander is fantastic - I really like it!

Cillian and Haytham make a great set!!
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Scout Elodie
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Thinking about...
    Tyra Mabel|Skye Miriam|Lois Winter|Anya Ottillie
    Quinn Barnaby|Silas Peregrine|Teddy Linus|Klaus Raphael

I love it!

Haytham & Cillian seem nice enough for brothers to me. They're obviously different backgrounds, but have a similar handsome, unique & gentle vibe. Manly w/out being overly harsh. I definitely prefer the Cillian spelling. It's my nephew's name. He definitely gets called 'sill-ee-in' sometimes, but people figure it out. It doesn't have the word 'kill' in it w/the 'C' spelling. Also, Cillian Alexander doesn't have too many Ls. It flows quite nicely.

Hope this helps.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Daisy, Clementine, Greta, Eleanor, Adeline, Felicity

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Julian, Shiloh, Nolan

I think Cillian Alexander is a great combo! Definitely works as a brother to Haytham Dorian. For me, Cillian at first makes me think of the word "Cicilian." I don't love the "kill" at the start of Killian but I think it helps with the pronunciation.

I love Cillian/Killian! I tend to really like Kilian myself--it honors both my German and Irish ancestry--but I understand that Cillian and Killian are more popular. I like that Kilian's a more phonetic spelling that also gets rid of the "kill" beginning that puts a lot of people off of Killian. I personally like Killian more than Cillian, though, just because I'm tempted to say Sillian instead of Killian with that "C". (I don't know why Ciaran is okay for me, but not Cillian? I'm weird, haha!) But Cillian IS unmistakably Gaelic!

I don't think you can lose, either way, although I think Killian would be easier for someone to wear outside of the UK. I'd love to meet a little Cillian Alexander though, however you spell it!
    Ashley | dreamer | Christian | storyteller

uma esperança de amor
    Ella Katherine Snow "Ella Snow" ¤ Helena Aspen ¤ Eilidh Vera Charlotte ¤ Ayla Natalie
    Aubert Bartholomew ¤ Bailey Borealis ¤ Torin Xavier ¤ Daniel Alaric
    Adele Mira Elizabeth ¤ Claire Tirzah ¤ Arianne Iris "Ari" ¤ Zoe Oriana
    Aquila Daniel ¤ Auden Timo ¤ Lorcan Ivo ¤ Augustine Simão "Auggie"

I love Cillian Alexander! I think it flows perfectly. But I agree with pp that when I see Cillian I pronounce it "sillian", so I prefer the spelling Killian.
    Also I think Haytham and Cillian look and sound great together!
    Emma Louise - future zookeeper, current namenerd

Cassius Mercury "Cash" . Ianthe Venus "Thea" . Augustine Earth "Gus" . Caspian Mars "Cap" . Elias Jupiter "Jem" . Alexandria Saturn "Alex" . Ezekiel Uranus "Zeke" . Koa Neptune "Kip"

Human to dogs Carmel, Rainier Paxton, Ryder James, and Jay Gatsby "Gatz", and kitten Phinneas McDougal

I adore Cillian and prefer this spelling over Killian. I have Cillian on my short list. Cillian Alexander is handsome.

Henry Everett GrayJack Rowan AugustTheodore Milo AtlasOliver Bennett Wolf
    Charlotte Eliza BirdieSophie Anne LavenderPoppy Isobel Margaret

“A person’s a person, no matter how small”

heart my son
    • • • • • • • • •