Menu

Calling All Thirty Somethings

Does anybody else ever feel like they’re just playing at being a grown up? Like even though you (May) have your degree and own a home and have a family and/or have a career, you’re still basically that awkward 15 year old who goofily dances to Britney Spears and *NSYNC ?
    Mommy to Audrey Jeanine and Ezra Marvin

Surprise! Violet Lenore born 4/1/19

Some favorite girls names

Celia Joy ~ Dahlia Rue ~ Thea Grace ~ Violet Lenore

Some favorite boys names: Gideon Kent ~ Jasper Lee ~ Oscar Jack ~ Tobias Poe

I think that's how it is for everyone. Or at least I hope that's how it is because I sometimes feel like a fraud. Then, other times, I'm impressed by myself and what I've accomplished or the things that I can do. In a way I hope it lasts forever because I'd like to be that old lady who is young at heart and enjoys life as though she were much younger.

FloraJunoAsterPollyRosa
    Pearl ・ Ines ・ Helena ・ Lyra ・ Ismay ・ Mabli

HomerCasperBarnabyLinusHugo
    Claude ・ Kirby ・ Harold ・ Japhy ・ Noel ・ Francis

thinking about...
    Nella_ and _Rudy

I feel the same. I've been married, I'm divorced, I have a son and second baby on the way, a good relationship, a job I like... But some days I feel like I've got no idea what I'm doing.
    To be honest I don't like being an adult very much. I feel exhausted and scared a lot of the time. I don't understand what other people expect of me, and I'm trying not to care too much what other people think, but that's pretty hard, isn't it?
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & Barnabas Húni

Maximilian Óli * Matthias Hreinn * Vignir Ulysses * Nikolai Svani * Zalman Torfi
    Ondine Lilach * Lucinde Meital * Mareva Bluma * Lavinia Perle * Magdalene Dune

Yes, exactly so! I always thought I had a dose of it exceptionally bad--I was depressed through most of my 20s, or at least half of them, so I feel like I missed those fun growing up years, and now I'm 31 and don't know what's going on lol. I wasn't able to find a job right out of college, and actually start my first full-time job on Monday that is full-time, great benefits, pays well enough that I can support myself. It's almost unreal.

But even now that I've "made it", most of the time I still feel like a fraud, that I'm a kid playing dress-up. I've spoken to women twice my age who still feel like they're faking it--it seems like such a weird concept, because when you're growing up, all women seem larger than life and so put together, so it makes me wonder WHY we all feel this way. But anyways.
    Ashley | dreamer | Christian | storyteller

uma esperança de amor
    Ella Katherine Snow "Ella Snow" ¤ Helena Aspen ¤ Eilidh Vera Charlotte ¤ Ayla Natalie
    Aubert Bartholomew ¤ Bailey Borealis ¤ Torin Xavier ¤ Daniel Alaric
    Adele Mira Elizabeth ¤ Claire Tirzah ¤ Arianne Iris "Ari" ¤ Zoe Oriana
    Aquila Daniel ¤ Auden Timo ¤ Lorcan Ivo ¤ Augustine Simão "Auggie"