Menu

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Oh, this is moving rather fast I love it! I agree with everyone, our 20s are such an odd time. I know people who are getting married, and I am the farthest from that so it's weird. I, on the other hand, have one more year left of college and I'm starting to worry about not being able to find a job after graduation, or having to go to grad school. On top of that, I don't even know what career I want. Has anyone felt like they don't even want to work? I would like to do something, of course, but it just seems exhausting haha. '

@Haley, to answer your question: I loved Britney Spears, Simple Plan, Green Day, Aqua (lmao), and Backstreet Boys.
    22. Another name nerd not having kids any time soon.

Rosemary Astoria | Eleanor Lavender | Sylvia Arabella | Thea Winifred | Florence Cecilia | Ophelia Clementine | Beatrice Lucille | Rowena Frances | Hester Juniper | Agatha Primrose | Ginevra Magdalen | Matilda Romilly

Benjamin Atlas | Theodore Flynn | Jasper Penrose | Elio Rafael | Percival Colin | Gus Leander | Basil Alejandro | Felix Peregrine | Philip Salinger | Emmanuel Birch | Remy Ignatius | Edmund Bastien

@Sofia I do feel "behind" my peers. So many people I know from high school are married with children now, or they opted to start a career in an exciting city instead. I thought I would enjoy these post-grad job hunting months, but I have NOTHING to do and no money. It's so boring. I can't wait to work again!

@greyblue Good luck!
    That sounds really interesting! Do you find you have to plan really well to do a NaNo project?? I've never tried it

As to what I do when I'm not studying, I like reading, writing and drawing, along with exercising, so I do a lot of walking and swimming. I work at a swimming club too, which takes up some of my time

@bellerose Oh nice! Was it a heavy subject? Did you enjoy it?

@southern.maple I like both of those too! What books have you enjoyed recently?

@leafsgirl44 Have a good time seeing the Backstreet Boys!!
    I feel like I came to music really late - like, until I was about 13/14 I just listened to whatever my mum had on in the car so I tended just to like the odd song? Sk8er boi, Umbrella, Bleeding Love, Mad World are some I remember. One band I did really like from the 2000s and have been listening to again recently is Keane. I think I liked Busted too. Also, The Killers, but I really got into listening to them later. Sorry if I've got all my years mixed up too

@sofiasweden yeah, I get that a lot! I know that I want and need to do something but I don't know what. Equally the jobs I've had/have make me anxious and it's not helped by the fact those around me seem unhappy in their careers... hopefully we'll all find something we like though - and you never know what will happen
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

@Grace The last book I read and really enjoyed was Among Others by Jo Walton. It's not been the best reading year for me. I've read a lot of books I read but didn't enjoy, or I enjoyed them at the time but quickly forgot about them.

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well!
    Logan Scholastica
    Nb✧Writer✧Geek

Girls
    Adelaide Sophronia Claire☼Artemisia Forest Eve☼Echo Guinevere Sky
    Galatea Rosemary Vesper☼Isadora Nightingale Frost☼Lunaria Magdalene Fox
    Ophelia Vivienne Dove☼Pandora Celestine Fae☼Tahlia Kate Snapdragon

Boys
    Alistair Midnight Thames☼Archimedes Loren Sage☼Constantine Hemlock Rune
    Daniel Spyridon Faith☼Eden Ambrosius Fern☼Julian Astrophel Poet
    Nathaniel Halcyon Grant☼Neftali Christopher Star☼Valerian Harper Jude

@southern.maple Amongst Others sounds interesting! I wish i could get into fantasy more sometimes.
    I've had years like that with reading - when everything feels a bit lacklustre?

@vloganwrites hi! I hope you're doing well too!
    🌈Grace🌈

@Grace It's been a chaotic year for me, what with my last semester of university, graduating, and now looking for a job. I really think that's the issue. I'm tempted to reread an old favorite and see if that helps me get invested in reading again.

Ooh, yay, I’m glad this thread’s back! I think I was just shy of turning 20 when the last one got closed, and I quite recently turned 21. A lot of my friends from uni graduated today, which was surreal and kinda sad, especially as one of them is an international student and going back to India. I’ve still got my Masters year left, so I don’t have to worry for a while, but it’s weird to see everyone leave.

And on the music topic, I didn't really develop music tastes until I was a teenager, so apart from what came on the radio before school, I never really listened or really liked anything, if that makes sense. I started out with Owl City, Lindsey Stirling, and Paramore, then moved on to almost exclusively listening to female fronted hard rock haha.
    Jam|21|Fangirl|Budding bioarchaeologist?|All bi myself hehe|Future mummy
    Dreaming of...
    Pandora Beatrix FaeCaspian Sherlock Walter • Artemis Valkyrie ClioPtolemy Lysander George
    Horatio Arthur • Nikolai Emrys • Prosper Kit • Ephraim Atticus • Cedrick Hugo • Ambrose Sage
    Evanthe Cherry • Zenobia Sahar • Morgana Hermione • Marigold Lyra • Lavender Athena • Calista Autumn
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end.”

@southern.maple yeah, my reading's been slow since starting uni but this year, the reading list was less heavy -or i somehow finished it far faster -so ive had time to devote to reading again.
    Old favourites might be the way to go! Ive done that this year and it's always nice to revisit stuff -there's something comforting, non-stressful and exciting about it

@myosotis Hi!! Going back for a masters without most of the people you've been studying with does feel a bit strange, i have to admit! Good luck with your masters what are you studying?
    🌈Grace🌈

Hi! I’m Lydia, 22, and still waiting to feel like a proper adult. I’m an old soul at heart but equally I don’t feel like an adult.

I’m going to be starting my degree in English Language and French with the Open University in October. I wish I could be attending a “bricks and mortar” university but I had to leave secondary/high school a few months before sitting my last exams (I completed some the year before) because of mental health issues and have been waiting and waiting on “getting better” but finally decided to take the plunge and applied to OU. But I’ve got a mental health team behind me so hopefully I will succeed.

Anyhoo, that’s Lydia!

Tabitha Elowen • Astrid Diana • Zelda Annabeth • Sukey Marina • Greta Blythe • Inez Daphne • Willa Emmeline • Opal Rosamund • Lisette Faith • Zinnia Leonora • Ophelia Manon • Verity Primrose • Romilly Temperence

Gideon Otis • Zebedee Matthias • Jago Felix • Sholto Humphrey • Edmund Casper • Sampson Eli • Raphael Jude • Jacoby Ronan • Orson Alexander • Archer Byron • Silas Callum • Finbar Johan

Lydia • English born, French raised, Scotland living 22 year old name nerd