Menu

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Hi

Iam Vasiliki or Belle (whatever you prefer, I don't mind), 22, and I will graduate from university in September (yay). I feel completely lost on what to do after that. I should be happy for my graduation but instead Iam very anxious.
    Looking forward to this thread!

Sorry for my English. Its not my first language, and I try my best

@Vasiliki I've graduated and still don't know what I want to do. You aren't the only one.

Lol so, I’m Haley, and I’m verging on my mid-twenties (24 in October - ew) and still living at home.

I graduated college with a diploma/degree (schooling in Canada is v different I’ve learned??) in Journalism (Print & Multimedia) two years ago, and can’t seem to find a job unless I relocate and have 7+ years experience, lol.

Because of that I’m returning to school in September for a two year course in Early Childhood Ed. I’m honestly scared I’ll end up being the oldest person in my class lol.
    haley.
    future little darlings

addison/ avery / aubrey / berkeley / blakely / brinkley / bristol
    cambrie / collins / destiny / ella / finley / gracelyn / hadley
    irelyn / jersey / journee / kamryn / kendall / laikynn / mckinley
    quinnlyn / remington / riley / sydney / tinley / waverly / zoey

Larissa here, 22 years old.
    Also stumbling along in the strange land of twenty-somethingness. I recently graduated college with a degree in animal science but finding a job is proving to be...challenging.

Glad to see some familiar usernames here, I feel like I haven't been on NB in a while.
    ~*~**~*Larissa~*~**~*

Zephyrine Amelia Daisy "Zelda" ~~~ Theodora Eloise Lux "Thea" ~~~
    Eugenia Marigold Moon "Genie"

Florian Elias Danger "Rory" ~~~ Orlando Archer Fox "Arrow" ~~~
    Sullivan Gatsby James "Sully"

@southern.maple thank you!! I'm writing about Charlotte Brontë's Villette!!

@wandarine i hope your next exam goes well!
    What sort of novels/writing do you do?

@bellerose hi!! I'm graduating in septemeber too (hopefully) and it's a weird time - i know what yiu mean about it being exciting but nervewracking too. What are you studying at uni?

@leafsgirl44 hi! I hope your new course goes well!! I'm sure you won't be the oldest- there's been people of all different ages on my course

@larkub101 hi! I hope the job search gets better. Not looking forward to starting that tbh
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Cherith Eliza
    Sloane Felicity|Flora Penelope|Juno Delilah|Lois Aurelia
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Otto Elias|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus|Jesse Peregrine

@greyblue so do I! It's calculus and I really, really don't want to do it again.
    The book is coming-of-age urban fantasy, and probably the first of a series, if I can motivate myself to plot and write another. My first NaNo project was a near future dystopia, also coming-of-age, but I changed my mind about that one so many times I'm not sure I'll ever finish it.

It's amazing to see how many posters here are done (or almost done) with their degree! I feel a little out of sync, but that's kind of my fault for starting so late.

Anyway, what do you all do when you're not studying? I got really into crafting over the last years, I crochet and hope to learn some knitting soon. I love the creative aspect and already have more patterns in mind than I can ever hope to use
    Wanda | 24 | statistics student | I brought marshmallows, let's burn this world down
    ~ ALLES ~
    sieht aus wie ein Gedicht
    wenn man sehr oft
    ~ ENTER ~
    drückt

for more posts on names, visit Vornamerei

Grace: I was studying Political Science and History.

Sorry for my English. Its not my first language, and I try my best

@Grace I've read Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights but no other Bronte works sadly. Classic literature hasn't clicked with me in a while. I've only been able to get into fantasy and scifi.

@Wanda I love to read. My boyfriend and I started hiking together earlier this year and I really enjoy that too. Right now it's way too hot here for anything outside unless it's in the water. I've been wishing I could escape to a cooler climate, but alas... no money.

Thanks Grace! I'm hoping you're right!!

Since I'm not currently studying, I'm working full-time, but when I've got time off, I'm usually watching TV/YouTube (I tend to get sucked in by the top 10 lists and Good Mythical Morning). The top 10 list binge has kinda come in handy though, because S/O and I go to a trivia night at a local sports bar every Monday night with my cousin, her S/O and my younger sister. We've been going solidly for 7 months now, and we never miss a night! It's kinda become our thing - my cousin and I have always been super close, our S/Os have become good friends and my younger sister and I don't often get to spend time together because she's away at school lol.

From September to June though, it's hockey season - S/O plays in a couple of beer leagues, and we often go to see our local AHL team play at least once a month. We also go to a Toronto Maple Leafs exhibition game every year at the end of September. It's the only way we can really afford tickets, because regular season starts anywhere from $180-300 for standing room "seats" where you have a better view at home.

So, since we're all mid-late 90s babies (for the most part??), what are your favourite bands/artists from the 1990s/2000s? It's kinda my obsession still (I'm actually seeing the Backstreet Boys tonight and I've waited 20 years for this moment, lmao my inner kindergartener is fangirling), so I'm always curious.

Mine were/are Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Hilary Duff, Aaron Carter, Blink-182, Matchbox Twenty, LFO and 98 Degrees.
    haley.
    future little darlings

addison/ avery / aubrey / berkeley / blakely / brinkley / bristol
    cambrie / collins / destiny / ella / finley / gracelyn / hadley
    irelyn / jersey / journee / kamryn / kendall / laikynn / mckinley
    quinnlyn / remington / riley / sydney / tinley / waverly / zoey

@Haley Does discovering my parents' old Nirvana CDs at the height of my emo phase in middle school count toward this question? LOL I discovered grunge when I was 13-14. I still like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, things like that. I have to be in the mood for the pop music - Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, etc. Every time I hear a Blink 182 song I'm transported back to my days of chronic angst as I browsed Hot Topic for studded belts and My Chemical Romance t-shirts. xD
    Last edited by southern.maple; July 17th, 2019 at 11:17 AM.