Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baby Girl Names

Lightbulb Baby Girl Names

Hiii, I’m going to be a first time mummy to a little girl anytime soon but still have no names decided. On the top of my head, I can’t think of any names I like, nothing comes to mind. I’m stuck in a little pickle.

A few things I like:
    I like unique and unusual names to a point but not ones that are crazy over the top, and sound ridiculous.

I also love old fashioned style of names, I’m such a lover of history, I’m a big history fan.

I would like my daughter to have maybe 2 middle names, I’ve always preferred that, as I have 2 myself.

I love nasa and everything to do with outer space, my hubby teaches science so he’s big on space style names.

I do like longer names, but they’re an easy target for nicknames. Plus I don’t think a long name would work with 2 middle names, i don’t know.

I would like a few names to choose form so I can decide when she’s here what she fits as.

Things I dislike:
    Really overly common names, like, I wouldn’t want her to be in a class with 4 others having the same name as her, I have a common name myself and it always annoys me.

I hate hyphen styled names, I just never have seen the appeal of them, they look awful and some of them are ridiculous to me.

I also dislike chavvy sounding names, or names that have a stereotype attached to them.

Anyways, any help would would be gratefully appreciated, thank you so much.

We have similar naming styles, so here are some of my favorites!

Lumi
    Starry
    Saturn
    Jupiter
    Glow
    Elowen
    Aurelia
    Orion
    Fallon
    Calypso
    Moon
    Astoria
    Hazel
    Ember

🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Romilly Charlotte|Ginevra Snow|Ilaria Winter
    Ezra Apollo|Tristan Rafferty|Sholto Felix|Otto Elias

EFGH...
    Elara Juno|Frankie Mabel|Ginny Delilah|Heidi Elowen
    Elliott Harbour|Franklin Jonah|Gideon Reeves|Hareton Milo

More|Vote

° Alice Morwenna Delyth ° Charlotte Rosalie Saga ° Dorothea Violet Esther ° Freya Gwenllian Louise ° Helena Eponine Giselle ° Isabella Beatrice Thisbe ° Juliet Morgana Carys ° Melody Anastasia Bridget °

Augusta/Ada - Was the first to come to mind after your description. Lady Ada Lovelace was the world’s first computer programmer. Her full name was Augusta Ada Lovelace.
    Dorothy "Dot"
    Edith
    Esther /Estelle "Essie"
    Eulalia
    Aurea
    Harriet/Hattie
    Lydia
    Lucille "Lucy"
    Octavia "Tavi/Avia"
    Theodosia "Thea"
    Constance "Sansa"
    Alaska