Menu

Thread: Baby Girl Names

Lightbulb Baby Girl Names

Hiii, I’m going to be a first time mummy to a little girl anytime soon but still have no names decided. On the top of my head, I can’t think of any names I like, nothing comes to mind. I’m stuck in a little pickle.

A few things I like:
    I like unique and unusual names to a point but not ones that are crazy over the top, and sound ridiculous.

I also love old fashioned style of names, I’m such a lover of history, I’m a big history fan.

I would like my daughter to have maybe 2 middle names, I’ve always preferred that, as I have 2 myself.

I love nasa and everything to do with outer space, my hubby teaches science so he’s big on space style names.

I do like longer names, but they’re an easy target for nicknames. Plus I don’t think a long name would work with 2 middle names, i don’t know.

I would like a few names to choose form so I can decide when she’s here what she fits as.

Things I dislike:
    Really overly common names, like, I wouldn’t want her to be in a class with 4 others having the same name as her, I have a common name myself and it always annoys me.

I hate hyphen styled names, I just never have seen the appeal of them, they look awful and some of them are ridiculous to me.

I also dislike chavvy sounding names, or names that have a stereotype attached to them.

Anyways, any help would would be gratefully appreciated, thank you so much.

We have similar naming styles, so here are some of my favorites!

Lumi
    Starry
    Saturn
    Jupiter
    Glow
    Elowen
    Aurelia
    Orion
    Fallon
    Calypso
    Moon
    Astoria
    Hazel
    Ember

🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte|Flora Penelope
    Sholto Felix|Percy Evander|Tristan Rafferty
    🎄Name advent🎄
    ☆Aidan Forrester and Bright Mireya☆
    More

Augusta/Ada - Was the first to come to mind after your description. Lady Ada Lovelace was the world’s first computer programmer. Her full name was Augusta Ada Lovelace.
    Dorothy "Dot"
    Edith
    Esther /Estelle "Essie"
    Eulalia
    Aurea
    Harriet/Hattie
    Lydia
    Lucille "Lucy"
    Octavia "Tavi/Avia"
    Theodosia "Thea"
    Constance "Sansa"
    Alaska
    Pheonix
    Astrid/Astra
    Callisto/Calla
    Cordelia/Della
    Florence/Flora
    Blanche
    Cressida
    Helena/Lenny/Lena
    Lyra
    Vega
    Nova
    Aurora
    Gaia
    Delta
    Maud

The one name that leaped to mind for you as I read your post is Veda. It’s Sanskrit for knowledge, not totally out there, but she’s likely to be the only one. It is shorter, so will not lend itself well to nicknames, and could also stand two middle names.

Congratulations and best wishes!

Esme comes to mind for you. It is gorgeous and means esteemed and beloved. It is unique but known, and has a sophisticated vibe.

Please forgive repeats;

Ada
    Zara
    Sally (after an astronaut)
    Valentina (after a cosmonaut)
    Olympia
    Nova
    Roxana
    Seren
    Soraya
    Serena
    Celia
    Aurora
    Miranda
    Celeste
    Last edited by erin beth; July 12th, 2019 at 06:55 PM.
    Ellen Virginia * Nancy Eleanor * May Genevieve * Celia Madeleine * Audrey Claire * Bess Emilia
    Nathaniel Francis * Leo Edmund * Benedict Henry * Virgil Blaise * Joseph Malachi * Timothy Jerome

Also Liking: OONA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Miranda Kate *
    Sybil Josephine * Edith Augusta * Catherine Ginevra * Molly Catriona *