Mackenzie
    Ocean
    Allison
    Elowen
    Pearl
    Ruby
    Diamond
    Jewel
    And probably a lot more but that's all I could think of off the top of my head...
    Maya. 20. Softball, Zquad, & Baby Names
    Azalea Jude "Zélie" | Beckett Rosemary | Gwendolen/Gwenna Violet |
    Violet Petrova | Zélie Beckett | Rosemary Atlas | Lucy Azalea Vive
    Ellery Miles | Elian Forrest | Remy Ocean | August Jude "AJ" | Willow Isaiah | Beckham Rain | Daniel Theodore Sage "Danny"

*Zelie ~ ZAY-lee & Elian ~ ELL-ee-in & Vive ~ VEEV, French word meaning life.

I know a girl that was named a boy name bc her mom thought it would help her in the business world. It actually really fits her and doesn’t make her masculine at all.

The only “girl” name that I like for a boy would be Kayson.
    I also like Keegan for a little boy, even tho its it’s a unisex name.
    〉〉Current Crushes〈〈

Warriors
    Ariadne Jove . Astrid Eclipse . Calla Hibiscus . Daisy Madigan . Maisie Dove . Persephone Wildflower “Posey” . Tenley Bellatrix

Laddies
    Acacius Quill . Canaan Tobias . Elias Jupiter “Jem” . Ethan Romulus . Finnick Evergreen . Jameson Wolfe . Killian Valour . Nehemiah Coal “Nemo” . Mars Alexander

Human to dogs Carmel, Rainier, and Ryder James, kitten Phinneas Mcdougal, and various foster animals

〉〉More Names〈〈

Some feminine names I like for boys are:
    Ambrose with the nn Rosie
    Briar
    Greer
    Morgan
    June
    Summer
    Hollis
    Reuben with the nn Ruby
    Sydney
    Momma to boxer boy Rooney and baby girl Everly James
    officially TTC #2

Current favourites:
    Ambrose ~ August ~ Bowen ~ Connor ~ Corbin ~ Huxley ~ Linus ~ Mercer ~ Monroe ~ Monty ~ Murphy ~ Reuben ~ Roscoe ~ Watson ~ Wells

Annalise ~ Arden ~ Aster ~ Bria ~ Connolly ~ Hadley ~ Harlow ~ Havana ~ Larkin ~ Lyra ~ Noa ~ Odelia ~ Rosalyn ~ Serafina ~ Thora ~ Willa ~ Winter

Name Poll
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9871427
    Instagram
    @nameaddict_ca

Quote Originally Posted by micahpaige26 View Post
    I do not like this at all. I also don’t really like boy names for girls either, although I do like gender-neutral names. I cannot picture a little boy named rose at all. And what if the boy ends up hating his name and/or is embarrassed of it? You don’t want to put them in a position like that. To be embarrassed or ashamed of something out of their own control!
    But what makes a name unisex? Most unisex names were girl or boy names until they started being used on the other gender, now they are considered unisex-like Jordan, Skylar, Peyton, or Taylor. If people started naming their sons Rose, it would then be unisex.

Little Laddies

Arthur Thiago Beckett “Ari”
    Judah Maxwell Shepherd
    Asa Jasper Findlay

Little Lassies
    Miriam Sylvie Juniper “Miri”
    Felicity Margot Elowen “Lissie”
    Susannah Violet Anouk “Sanna”

Quote Originally Posted by t_hypatia View Post
    From the unisex (tending more to girls) category

Ashley - I wish would become as popular for boys as it was for girls.
    Aubrey
    Dana
    Eden
    Harley
    Jade
    Lindsay
    Kim(berly)
    Nova
    Payton
    Reese
    Scout
    Tatum

From the pink only list
    Amber
    Brynn (I know there is Bryn as a male version but I prefer the double nn spelling)
    Erin
    Hailey
    Hope
    Lauren
    Paige (as with Brynn, I prefer Paige vs Page just in how it looks)
    Rose
    Summer
    Willow
    Hope really does work on a boy, Rose, Willow, Brynn! Paige
    Good job

And what if the boy ends up hating his name and/or is embarrassed of it? You don’t want to put them in a position like that. To be embarrassed or ashamed of something out of their own control!
    Silly reason not to use the name you like best. You have absolutely no control over how your child feels about their given name no matter what it is. Doesn't matter if you name him Madison or Benjamin or Angel or Giuseppe, there's a chance he won't like it or that it will embarrass him in some way.
    Stephanie Rae
    💍 Married 10.06.18 💙 TTC Evie or Jude 2020 👶
    Furmommy to: Alexander Hamilton *Hammy* & Marquis de Lafayette *Laffy*
    Proud auntie to: Lucy Anne & Leon Jeffrey &
    Mason William & Jaxon Anthony *Jax* & Lyric Alyson

Fairy godmother to: Anastasia Elizabeth *Ana* & Logan Mark Jay

Paris and Ashley are both originally masculine names. I like Hyacinth and Willow on boys. My son's name, Caspian, is clearly masculine in the West. However, I've met a few Iranian girls by this name.

Name Nerd, Professor, Anthropologist, INTP, Expat, Mom

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14
    &
    Caspian Kaveh 郑煜祺 '17

I do not like this at all. I also don’t really like boy names for girls either, although I do like gender-neutral names. I cannot picture a little boy named rose at all. And what if the boy ends up hating his name and/or is embarrassed of it? You don’t want to put them in a position like that. To be embarrassed or ashamed of something out of their own control!
    Funny though that people only bring up embarrassment for boys. Why is it embarrassing for a boy to have a feminine name and not for a girl to have a masculine name? We often call my son Cassy as his nickname. I hope he embraces his femininity. If anyone makes fun of him, it's a sign that their parents have an issue.

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14
    &
    Caspian Kaveh 郑煜祺 '17

Quote Originally Posted by beynotce View Post
    I'm not sure what you're basing this on. If you ask actual parents who like/use unisex or gender-bent names on girls, I think you'll find that they are drawn to the same things that draw you to, say, the idea of Rose on boy--which is to say the sound or imagery of the name. I don't know that I've ever seen a parent actually appreciate this style because they want their daughter to have "masculine qualities" or somehow game a system by briefly confusing a hiring manager. Maybe in the 80's that was the case, but not now.
    I literally had an experience where someone directly said this to me. I have a friend who has daughters named L0gan and Gr1ffin. When she was pregnant with L0gan, my daughter was already born. We were at a dinner and her husband was saying how they had considered Jul1ette, but ultimately decided that they wanted a "more masculine" name. They felt that it was a "stronger" name. With their second, Gr1ffin, they were originally pregnant with twins. They had decided on Gr1ffin for one, regardless of whether it was a girl or a boy. I asked why not consider something like Cassidy. Her husband's reply was that it was too girly for a boy, and "not as strong".

So not about giving them a leg up in the world... although I think many people make that decision consciously or subconsciously. However, MANY people see femininity as weakness and undesirable for a boy. Masculinity, however, is strength and desirable for a girl.

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14
    &
    Caspian Kaveh 郑煜祺 '17

The thing about this is that word names as far as I feel at least are words and not super make or female outside of their usage, like girls have gotten flower names, boys more named for their fathers ...
    Ashley for example took a hard turn for girls from boys and Ash still held on on the boys side.
    But it's been used for both boys and girls.
    I heard someone say something once that resonated ... Unless he's a football player of something ...
    In reference to his son carrying a name with more feminine associations. He didn't feel the child could carry it unless he was really tough. Your thoughts are good... Why? Are we teaching that anything feminine in any way even by association is 'bad' and unfit for a boy? Is it just cultural? Can girls play with trucks but boys can't play with dolls? A lot of this is more recent, there was a time when kids played with 'toys' all colors were fair game and if you met an Ashley he was more than likely a boy. Many names had feminine forms, Eden w as a word and likely a boy... You may choose qualities to give in their name... Catherine meaning pure... And you might call your first 10 kids after your parents and siblings and yourselves... With cultural connections and not living in a town where men are 50% Thomas, 40% John and 10% something like William and George... We see the options... There have even been times when a parent may flip open the Bible and choose the word of name they found there.
    Personally I really like Grace for a boy Grayson has a similar sound and BOY feel with the son ending but why not just the word if you're so inclined. So good subject... My answer is name your child the name that you feel is theirs and don't win for any gender but do allow yourself to consider it fully. Does he really want to be Betsy? Probably that would envoke teasing, consider that... Because the world's impression of him will affect him... Ellie? Might be ok... There are names that are so anciently only to one gender like Elizabeth that you get the boy named Sue thing... In that type of case I would recommend against trying to shift things... But Ashley & Paris which are both unisex are totally fair game... And Rose is a word/ flower name... I personally think it's fine
    Psalm 127:3-5