Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ember

Red face Ember

What do you all think of the name:

Saphira Ember Ann?

She'll go chiefly by Ember, Saphira will be used on occasion.

If anyone recognizes the name, yes, Saphira is the name of Eragon's dragon in the Inheritance Cycle. My SO and I are both huge fans of the books and we both think Saphira is a beautiful name

Ember was originally our first choice before we decided it would sound good as a middle name to Saphira!

And Ann is to honor my mother's middle name.

Disclaimer, this isn't for a baby, though it will be some day. For now, I am writing a book to my future daughter and using this name, since I'm almost certain I'll use that for her in the future.

That's so beautiful! I love it. Good luck with your book. On a slightly unrelated note, how long do you plan on making your book? I plan on doing something similar for my future child.

I don't see any names as "unusable", just some as more unusual. I really like the honour name being nice and short tucked in there. Lovely!
    sunny margaret
    léonie evelyn
    cassia june
    ophelia belle

all those days in the sun, what I'd give to relive just one...
    robin augustus
    vincent mathias
    flynn leander
    aurelius tristan

Quote Originally Posted by babettee View Post
    That's so beautiful! I love it. Good luck with your book. On a slightly unrelated note, how long do you plan on making your book? I plan on doing something similar for my future child.

I don't see any names as "unusable", just some as more unusual. I really like the honour name being nice and short tucked in there. Lovely!

I'm glad! I thought the same thing. When I thought of the name it just clicked in my mind and I thought, "that's the one."

Well, when I say I'm making a book for her, I mean that I'm a writer and I write full length fantasy novels, and I intend to dedicate my next one to her and my fiance. They're also both characters in the book; she's just a baby in the novel though, because I don't want to make any assumptions about her personality. I think it'll be cool when she learns how to read and she'll see her name not only on the front of the book but also inside and think, wow, I had a book written about me!
    So the short answer is, the novel will probably end up around 300 pages due to the fantasy elements
    But if you're doing the same, only not with a full length novel, I say just write until you've said the words you want to say! Don't worry overmuch about length, because she'll love it no matter what.

My friends daughter is named Ember. It's French for Amber. It is verrrrrrry trendy!

It's a lovely sounding combo and name
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Romilly Charlotte|Ginevra Snow|Ilaria Winter
    Ezra Apollo|Tristan Rafferty|Sholto Felix|Otto Elias

EFGH...
    Elara Juno|Frankie Mabel|Ginny Delilah|Heidi Elowen
    Elliott Harbour|Franklin Jonah|Gideon Reeves|Hareton Milo

More names!