92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scarlet

27 29.35%
  • Sylvie

44 47.83%
  • Story

21 22.83%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I like Story the most. It's one of those names I can't use but absolutely love and I would be psyched to see it on another child. Story Jean is very sweet.

I like Scarlet and Sylvie too, but I prefer them with Victoria. All good choices.

The name Story makes me swoon. Love love love it. It is, stylistically, pretty different than Sylvie or Scarlett though. Sylvie would be my second choice. I think both middle names sound great with Story and Sylvie.

Quote Originally Posted by sunniva View Post
    All three are nice, but Sylvie stands out for me. I just love that woodland faerie vibe that I think it exudes. Sylvie Jean makes for a lovely combo.
    This exactly.
    My Lists
    Bird + Birding Baby Names // species names + notable naturalists
    Texas Inspired Baby Names // paying homage to the Lone Star State
    Nautical Baby Names // inspired by sailors + the deep blue sea
    The Golden Age of Detective Fiction // timeless characters + the writers who created them
    Hobbit Baby Names // botanical, medieval + gemstone names from the Shire
    Medieval Names for a Modern Baby // unusual names + surnames from historic rosters

While I feel like Sylvie is SO trendy on nameberry, I like it best from this list and don't hear the name very often at all in real life. Most of all I love the meaning. (Sidenote: I think Sylvan would be cool for a girl, even though it's technically a boy's name. And it'd be a great way to get to Sylvie). Sylvie Jean works - Sylvie Victoria less so.

I like Scarlet quite a bit, but don't like the color necessarily.

Story is a bit much for me, even though it has a lot of appeal phonetically.
    * RAPHAELLE * MILOU * ISADORA * SUNNIVA * ANOUK * WYNN * MIREILLE
    * CASPIAN * SAUL * LIEV * WELLS * HENRIK * NIKOLAI * ANSEL *

They are all lovely stand-alone names but when I take your surname and middle name options into consideration, there is only one that works for me. So my vote goes to Scarlet. I'm not very fond of the repetition of "vi" in Sylvie Victoria, "or" in Story Victoria and the endings of both Sylvie and Story with the "ee" in Jean and M@cKimmie.
    Last edited by kachenka; July 8th, 2019 at 03:40 AM.