Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is Elsa too Snow Queen?

I recently rewatched Born Free after several years. It was my favourite book and movie as a child, and I adored the name Elsa. I was convinced for several years that someday I would have two daughters, Rose and Elsa. Rewatching the movie rekindled my love for Elsa, but now Frozen exists and Elsa seems strongly tied to that. Would everyone's first assumption be the Disney movie? Will that association fade in time or will everyone think of the Frozen character first?
    Helen

Persephone Aurora Dove • Phoebe Silena Owl • Rosamund Eliana Rahab
    Arabella • Celia • Guinevere • Diana • Selene • Evangeline • Hadassah • Annabel • Yvaine • Vesper • Ophelia • Jacinda • Cordelia • Pia
    Judah Leonidas • Remington Hezekiah • Thaddeus Newt • Taran Elias Psalm
    Gareth • Damon • Kalixto • Boaz • Jedidiah • Anakin • Fagan • Percival • Wilder • Azaiah • Ezekiel • Koda • Sparrow • Canaan

I think a lot of people would think of the Frozen movies and I don't think that's going to go away completely. I don't personally make that association first, I mainly just think of it as a names but maybe that's because I've only seen frozen once years ago?
    I don't think it's a bad association and I think with the growing popularity of Elsie, it doesn't sound too attached to the Disney franchise.
    Not sure if others will agree though
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Romilly Charlotte|Ginevra Snow|Ilaria Winter
    Ezra Apollo|Tristan Rafferty|Sholto Felix|Otto Elias

EFGH...
    Elara Juno|Frankie Mabel|Ginny Delilah|Heidi Elowen
    Elliott Harbour|Franklin Jonah|Gideon Reeves|Hareton Milo

More|Vote

Hi there.

Elsa & Rose are lovely. I do think that Elsa is sort of associated w/the Frozen movies. Especially for little girls, but it's not a bad thing. You'd be hard pressed to find a little girl these days who wouldn't want to be named Elsa!

Hope this helps.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere Azalea, Eleanor Davita, Greta Adeline

Favorite boys: Colm Phineas, Julian Albert, Ewan David

I do think Elsa is primarily associated with Frozen. It will probably stay that way for a while. However, I know a couple Elsa's because I grew up in heavily Scandinavian migrated area so the association isn't as strong for me. I think it is beautiful.

Mama to Boaz
    Future Dream Babies
    Wolfgang Arthur . Elowen Sybil . Aoife Odette . Amelie Imogen . Wilhelmina Maeve . Viggo Edmund . Liesel Morwenna . Leif Peregrine . Svea Agnes

I do think of Frozen when I hear Elsa, however, that is because I've never heard the name anywhere else. I'm sure down the road you'll come across people that will instantly associate Elsa to Frozen, but there will also be alot of people that wont.

I heard the name Elsie a few years ago and I thought it was the sweetest name, yet it still made me think of Frozen.

Go for the name that you love!
    Dorothy | Felicity | Winry | Rosemary | Goldie | Livvy | Mae | Clover | Lucy | Alice | Wilma | Della

Isaac | Hawthorne | Hugh |Odin | Barnaby | August | Hector | Grover | Clay | Harvey