Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Surprise or Not?

Do y'all plan to keep the baby's sex a surprise until birth? Or find out as soon as you can?

I'm debating between the two: I want to say surprise, but I also want to do letters spelling out baby's name as part of the nursery decor and don't know if I'd have time after.
    Considering:

Charlotte Isabella | Jacqueline Rose | Abigail Rose | Edith Rose | Jacqueline Esther | Evelyn Rose | Esther Charlotte | Charlotte Evelyn | Esther Rose | Evelyn Charlotte

Oliver Thomas | Benjamin Thomas | Henry Ishmael | Benjamin Joseph | Oliver Ishmael | Daniel Joseph | Daniel Thomas | Joshua Thomas

Personally, I think that not knowing the sex until birth is a little more exciting, but then we're doing gender neutral nurseries...

Could you possibly get the letters for both boy and girl names ready and then just do the right name when the baby arrives? And you can save the remaining letters for your future second child.
    Victoria "Vix"

♉︎ Cornelia Hermione Winter
    ♉︎ Endymion Atlas Faramir
    ♊︎ Bambi coming soon!

That's a good idea!

I'm doing a gender neutral nursery, too (Winnie the Pooh).
    Considering:

Charlotte Isabella | Jacqueline Rose | Abigail Rose | Edith Rose | Jacqueline Esther | Evelyn Rose | Esther Charlotte | Charlotte Evelyn | Esther Rose | Evelyn Charlotte

Oliver Thomas | Benjamin Thomas | Henry Ishmael | Benjamin Joseph | Oliver Ishmael | Daniel Joseph | Daniel Thomas | Joshua Thomas

I always find that decision very difficult.
    In the end I found out with both, my son Hjörtur and this baby. Both times I was set on not finding out before the baby was born, and both times I changed my mind. To be honest, with Hjörtur I regretted finding out, because I felt it ruined the magic a bit. I can't explain why this time I decided to find out again, but this time I'm glad I did. I feel like I'm better prepared now. We are sticking to a gender neutral nursery though (owls!), and most of the baby clothes and stuff will be gender neutral. We're also not telling anyone else, SO and I are the only ones that know the gender of this baby (and people on Nameberry ).
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & baby due November 2019

Baltasar Óli * Torfi Magnus * Vignir Ulysses * Iser Hafni * Noam Flóvent * Johann Zohar * Salomon Fálki * Sumarliði Meyer * Efraim Breki
    Ondine Beatrice * Greta Yardena * Meital Johanna * Ebba Lilitu * Magdalene Lilac * Perle Kornelia * Netta Nineveh * Ísrún Emilia * Sumarlína Freyde

Víkingur * Ragnar * Addai * Dov * Bergur * Kjartan * Diethard * Mattias
    Zusa * Aramina * Eugenia * Karolina * Marganita * Elisabet * Júlirós

I wouldn't wait to find out. I like to know as soon as is possible! We are finding out through genetic testing this time. I like the feeling of calling baby by name. Although we ended up naming our son a different name* than we had called him while pregnant I can see how it might be fun to find out at birth for some, but that's just not for me.
    Last edited by yuma; June 20th, 2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: *
    FC 12/21/2017
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 01/10/2020