• Lucy Violet "Hegurdee"

14 36.84%
  • Lucy Caroline "Hegurdee"

11 28.95%
  • Caroline Lucy "Hegurdee"

13 34.21%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm the worst!

Miles, Amelia, and Lucille/Lucy make an adorable sibset. Lucille Caroline gets my vote.
    Laela Adeline - Cecelia Noelle - Piper Joy - Briar Skye - Lucille Rey
    Fia Belle - Lavender May - Adelaide Jess - Caroline Margaret - Fallon Kate

Elliott Jude - Kian Brooks - Rowan Gabriel - Lincoln Oliver - Sawyer Jonas
    Emmett Reese - Finnegan Henry - Jack Cameron - Tyler Kai - Hudson Connor

Mile$ William, Ameli@ Kate and.....

Caroline Lucy
    Caroline Jane
    Caroline Claire
    Lucille Jane
    Lucille Claire
    Violet Lucy
    Violet Jane
    Violet Claire

If you use Lucille and the nickname Lucy, you might feel your other daughter needs a shortened name. Amie or Melia would work for Amelia.

I like the idea of using a three syllable traditional name then a shorter name, as you did in
    naming your first daughter.

My first choice is Caroline. I think it is the most classic name and matches the style of the siblings’ names. I’m not certain if your other children have honor names in the middle, but Lucy would be a perfect way to remember Aunt Lucille. If not, then I love Jane as a middle, because it pairs so well with Kate.

Another thing to mention that helps tie all these first names with the siblings’ names is the repetition of the letter “L” in the middle of each.

Good luck with your decision

Miles, Amelia, and Lucille/Lucy go really well together! Since you like Caroline so much, I would go with Lucille Caroline (or Caroline Lucille). Lucy Caroline is perfect!

All of your names are lovely, so whatever you choose will be great. But I wouldn't worry about syllable count if Caroline is your favorite. Our last name is three syllables, and my daughter's first-middle combo is seven. My son's first-middle combo is five. So my kids have very long names haha. But it's definitely not a big deal. I personally think they flow better than if I'd given them monosyllabic middles.
    H.E.M. - 09/2017
    E.H.M. - 10/2018

Quote Originally Posted by diane921 View Post
    Mile$ William, Ameli@ Kate and.....

Caroline Lucy
    Caroline Jane
    Caroline Claire
    Lucille Jane
    Lucille Claire
    Violet Lucy
    Violet Jane
    Violet Claire

If you use Lucille and the nickname Lucy, you might feel your other daughter needs a shortened name. Amie or Melia would work for Amelia.

I like the idea of using a three syllable traditional name then a shorter name, as you did in
    naming your first daughter.

My first choice is Caroline. I think it is the most classic name and matches the style of the siblings’ names. I’m not certain if your other children have honor names in the middle, but Lucy would be a perfect way to remember Aunt Lucille. If not, then I love Jane as a middle, because it pairs so well with Kate.

Another thing to mention that helps tie all these first names with the siblings’ names is the repetition of the letter “L” in the middle of each.

Good luck with your decision

I love Caroline so much, and you're right, I don't want to feel we have to shorten Amelia's name, honestly we thought we'd call her Millie but it's been Amelia so far. Wondering if I should drop the Lucille and just do Lucy. Caroline Lucy with my last name is the hang up, I don't know why but I think Lucy Caroline Hegurdee sounds better than Caroline Lucy Hegurdee. It's not terrible. I might have asked my husband if we could change our last name...😉